Tour Photos & Videos
Aisling was great, she customized our trip exactly like we asked her to do, I really appreciated the fact that she was very responsive and very clear, and accommodated all of our requests. We loved every minute of it, all the towns we visited were great and special - we can't believe our great trip is over! It was fantastic and will definitely visit Ireland again.
- Welkhenia Daley, New York NY - August 2012
The entire trip was a vacation of a lifetime. There is not one specific item that stands out, as the entire trip is memorable and will be cherished. Received good advice and accurate instructions / travel tips. Very friendly staff.
- James Miorin, Canton GA - July 2012
We enjoyed it all. Everything was beautiful. My experience was very enjoyable - it was more than I expected. I would definitely like to return for another visit. I found that our travel advisor Sarah knew exactly what she was doing and made our trip very enjoyable. She set up the itinerary perfectly. I would definitely consult with Sarah at Authentic Ireland Travel on my next trip to Ireland.
- Susan Carberry, Brooklyn NY - July 2012
We had a wonderful, wonderful time. You guys did a splendid job of taking care of reservations and vouchers for us, and it worked like a dream. And speaking of 'dreams,' it was a dream vacation for both my wife and me. Every single venue you chose for us was absolutely first rate. All the arrangements went as smoothly as butter. If we do something like this again, you've earned yourselves a loyal customer. Many thanks to all who've had a hand in arranging this wonderful trip for us!
- George Bormes & Kate Herrick, Monroe CT - October 2012
All the people we encountered were friendly and helpful, the scenery was breathtaking, the music was entrancing, and we enjoyed almost everything about our visit! It was an adventure that resulted in many wonderful stories that we will share for years to come! Thanks very much for everything and we would love to come back again in the future!
- Stephen Kerestes, Canal Fulton OH – October 2012
The vacation was booked on a whim, yet it went way beyond expectations: it was absolutely wonderful. Thank you!
- Fred Lefton, Hudson OH – October 2012
Self-Drive Ireland & Scotland Tour
Create your own Ireland & Scotland self-drive vacation based on what you want to see and do in both countries. You are in control. Our Custom Self-Drive Tours are completely flexible. You decide where to visit, how long to spend and what type of accommodation suits you best. Our expert local guides will advise and assist you to create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements. We recommend 9-nights or more vacation time to comfortably visit both locations and you'll find our most popular 10-night self-drive Ireland & Scotland tour in the Tour Itinerary tab. Seasonal prices for this sample tour are listed in the Prices tab.
**Use tabs above to view Itinerary, Prices & How to Book.**
- Completely Flexible – We’ll arrange your self-drive tour based on your chosen dates and flight schedule.
- More Choices – You choose the places you want to visit, type of accommodation and any cultural or other activities. We’ll put it all together in an itinerary that makes sense.
- It’s Your Vacation – The pace of your vacation can be as action-packed or relaxing as you wish
- Within Budget – We’ll create an amazing tour at a cost that suits you, but we’ll never skimp on quality.
- Expert Advice – Our staff know Ireland inside and out. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Peace of Mind – Leave everything to us. We’ll make all your reservations, provide you with a detailed itinerary and you will have 24/7 support while you are in Ireland.
- Quality Guaranteed – from Castles to Hotels and Bed & Breakfasts, we only use accommodations that consistently get great reviews from our thousands of customers.
All we need to create a ‘starting-point’ quote and suggested itinerary is:
- Number of people travelling to Ireland & Scotland
- Number of nights you would like to spend in Ireland & Scotland
- Date you would like your tour to start (or approximate date)
Click 'Get Started' (above right) to begin planning your Vacation!
Other Optional Info (Please include in Comments section of 'Get Started'):
- Specific Locations – Any towns/areas of Ireland & Scotland you would like to include on your itinerary?
- Add a Unique Experience? – We offer a wide range of special activities, excursions and experiences all over Ireland. From Medieval Castle Banquets to Horse & Carriage rides, we have suggestions to suit just about everyone!
- Special Requests - We can accommodate any vacation request – just let us know!
- Lodging Choices – There are many options to choose from – all explained below.
Lodging Choices Explained:
- B&Bs & Guesthouses – Small, family-run establishments that offer the best value, personal attention and genuine Irish hospitality. Usually located on the outskirts of town centers.
- Hotels from 3 to 5 Star – We only work with the best Irish hotels in any star category. More expensive than B&Bs, but usually conveniently located in the heart of town centers.
- Country Houses & Manors – Period properties with character and old-world charm. Ideal if you are seeking a secluded, scenic location, and don’t care about being walking distance from town.
- Castles: Unique, historical properties, also likely to be in more remote locations. While castles are generally our most expensive lodging option, they are also the most popular. Please note that every castle is completely different – some are very reasonably-priced, while others are quite expensive.