‘Charmette’ is a 50 year old traditional Irish home that was renovated and modernized in 2012 to offer guests every convenience and comfort, while visiting Ireland. The property still retains much of its charm and traditional Irish ambiance. With 4 bedrooms accommodating up to 8 persons, Charmette is ideal for a family vacation or 2 or more couples travelling Ireland together. Charmette is located on the Limerick Road on the southern outskirts of Ennis, County Clare – a vibrant and bustling market town. From the house it’s a 15 to 20 minute walk to the heart of town, along an interesting side-walked road, passing the impressive St. Flannan’s College as you stroll. The house is in very close proximity to the N85 ‘ring road’ which links to the main M18 motorway.
Charmette is an ideal hideaway for two or more couples traveling together. It’s also a great lodging for families to gather. There are four bedrooms in the house which sleeps up to 8. Two of the bedrooms (1 queen and 1 twin) are located on the first floor. The other two bedrooms (both queens) are upstairs. There is a bathroom upstairs and downstairs, each with shower. The lower bathroom also has a bath.
- Large house that can accommodate up to 8 people in four bedrooms
- Situated on a secluded .75 acre lot – set back from the main Limerick Road, via a short, private driveway.
- Sunny patio area to the rear of the property
- Ample off-street, secure parking
- Full gourmet kitchen, stocked with everything you could possibly need – your home away from home!
- Free Wi-Fi access
- Cozy Living Room with 40” LCD TV with Sky Satellite channels & DVD player
- Open fireplace
- Dining Room with seating for up to 8
- Laundry Room with washer and dryer
- 1 bathroom with shower and bath downstairs
- 1 bathroom with shower upstairs
- Heating and electricity usage included – no hidden extra costs!
- All linens and towels supplied
- Travel cot available
There is a full Gourmet Kitchen at Charmette Cottage.
Choose to cook and enjoy your meals at the house, or head into Ennis, where a great variety of restaurants, ‘pub-grub’ and take-away establishments are available.
On the Map: Ennis is located in County Clare in the west of Ireland, only 20 minutes from Shannon Airport. Ennis lies just off the major N18/M18 motorway that connects the cities of Limerick (to the south) & Galway (to the north).
Ennis is the county town of Clare and is always pleasantly busy. It takes its name from the Irish word “inis” (island) as it is virtually surrounded by the River Fergus on which it sits. Its streets are narrow and attractive, some of them pedestrianised. The Friary at the bottom of Abbey Street, was founded by the O’Briens in the 13th century. Many of its original features survive and it’s well worth visiting. But the main attraction in Ennis is the locals’ obvious love of traditional music. Every May the town hosts Fleadh Nua, an international celebration of Irish culture, while in November, the Ennis Trad Festival is held. But trad music of the very highest quality is on display in the pubs of Ennis throughout the year. It often seems that those in the town that can’t sing or play an instrument are very much in the minority. The person who recently labeled Ennis the Nashville of traditional Irish music wasn’t far wrong.