Located in the heart of Adare, one of Ireland’s prettiest and most famous towns, Gate Lodge Cottage is your idyllic vacation destination. Beautifully appointed, the cottage retains all the charm of it’s rich heritage, which is wonderfully complimented by it’s tastefully appointed furnishings and facilities. Enjoy all the delights of an old world cottage with the modern convenience of this superbly equipped family home.
Snuggled in a wooden and lush countryside setting, Adare is widely regarded as being Ireland’s prettiest and most picturesque village. Gate Lodge Cottage is located right in the thick oif the action on Adare’s main street. A wealth of pubs, restaurants and unique shops and gift stores are right on your doorstep.
- Two large bedrooms, each containing one queen size and one single bed – sleeps 6 in total
- Two luxurious bathrooms with well appointed bath and shower.
- Modern all-purpose fitted kitchen with electric cooker, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and washer / dryer.
- Traditional-style dining room, with open fireplace.
- Tastefully furnished sitting room, with it’s own fireplace for added comfort.
- Oil-fired central heating throughout.
- The owner supplies a satnav system free of charge for use in guest’s cars
- The owner also supplies 2 cell phones free of charge for guest’s use
There is a full Kitchen available for guest use at Gate Lodge Cottage.
Choose to cook and enjoy your meals at the cottage, or head into Adare, where a variety of restaurants, ‘pub-grub’ and take-away establishments are available.
On the Map: Adare is located just 20km southwest of Limerick City / 43km south of Shannon Airport. The main N21 road (connecting the cities of Limerick & Tralee/Killarney) passes right through the centre of the village.
Adare is a quaint picturesque place, lined with traditional thatched-roof cottages. Snuggled in a wooded and lush countryside setting, Adare is widely regarded as being Ireland’s prettiest and most unique village. Situated on the river Maigue, a tributary of the Shannon river, Adare (Gaelic name: “Ath Dara” – the “ford of the oak” – from the combination of water and woodland) dates back, at least, to the early 13th century. Adare village has a rich wealth of heritage, as well as architectural and scenic beauty. Two groups of world famous, ornate, thatched cottages line part of the village’s broad main street, punctuated with beautiful stone buildings, medieval monasteries and ruins. Situated in the centre of County Limerick, with just 15 minutes from Limerick City and 45 minutes from Shannon Airport, Adare Village is an ideal base from which to explore County Limerick’s many visitor attractions such as Lough Gur and King John’s Castle.