The Cottages are six multi award-winning 300-year-old thatched holiday cottages nestled on the beachfront on Ireland’s beautiful East Coast. Owned by Roger and Liz Pickett, the property has been in Liz’s family since 1908 and is treated with great love and care for the history and heritage it holds.
The idyllic location between the small coastal villages of Bettystown and Laytown in County Meath offers a magical quality that charms all who visit. Walk through the wooden gates and you’ll find yourself in a world of tranquility and calm. The sounds of the sea, the smell of the lovingly tended gardens, and the warmth of the cozy cottages make this the ultimate in private comfort and relaxation.
Each of the six beautiful thatched roof cottages has been lovingly renovated to provide the highest standard of self-catering accommodation available, featuring stunning sea views or picturesque garden outlooks. The style and design of the cottages are unique and each take on a character of their own.
Each of the deluxe cottages feature:
- Vaulted oak beamed ceilings, solid oak flooring and feature fireplaces
- Traditional Irish pine furniture throughout
- Luxury en-suite bathrooms
- Fully fitted farmhouse style kitchens with all utilities
- Spacious comfortable living areas
- Gas fired central heating and double glazing throughout providing comfortable year round accommodation
- Free Satellite TV and WiFi
- DVD, CD & Radio, Books & Games.
- Private Car Parking, Barbeque area, Children’s Play Area
- Welcome pack, plus all linens, towels, bathrobes, slippers, housekeeping twice weekly, heating, electricity and credit card charges are all included in your rental
A warm Irish welcome awaits your arrival at the Cottages with hot, homemade, fresh-from-the-oven scones and homemade jam!
Each Cottage has a fully equipped kitchen, and there is a good selection of shops, supermarkets, bakeries, and services conveniently located both locally in the neighboring villages, and in nearby South Gate and in Drogheda town which is just a 10-minute drive away.
Restaurants in Bettystown & Laytown – 10 minute beach walk
– Relish Cafe | Bettystown, beach side. Open daily closes 6 pm last. | 041 9813344.
– Nans Cafe & Cakery | Laytown. Daytime only | Closed Sun & Mon. | 087 986 7268.
– Reddan’s of Bettystown | 041 9827412.
– DelFino Bay | Laytown. Open daily and at night. | 041 9828905.
– Bistro BT’s Cafe | Bettystown, beach side. Daytime only. | 041 9887794.
– Laytown Bettystown Golf Cub Restaurant (nonmembers welcome). | 041 9827170.
– Chan’s Chinese Restaurant | 041 9886804.
On the Map: Bettystown is a small coastal village in an area known as East Meath within County Meath, Ireland. Together with the neighboring villages of Laytown and Mornington, it comprises the census town of Laytown-Bettystown-Mornington.
The town features a fine sandy beach and visitors and locals alike enjoy walking along it throughout the year. One of Ireland’s most notable historical finds was made here when in 1850 a local woman claimed to have found the Tara Brooch, dated 700BC, in a box buried in the sand. The Brooch is now on display in the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin.