The Boyne Valley Bistro
- Wild, cold asparagus gathered at river bank
- Unleavened wheat-berry bread
- Roasted acorns
- Watercress, fresh-picked
Catch of the Day
- Salmon, skewered over open pit
- Black Eel
- Boiled and pulled mutton wrapped with fresh rosemary in moistened straw
- Red deer, fresh-dressed from Wednesday’s group hunt
- Smoked eel (leftover from last Friday, but will last through the winter…)
Our Regular Entrées
- Roasted on a Spit (sometimes flavored with sizzling spit of chef)
- Wild Goat (Our Guarantee—none inhabited by evil!)
- Shellfish caught at the coast yesterday—eat it today or be sorry tomorrow!
- Barley Porridge (For those who have lost their teeth.)
- Mixed Meat Stew (If you enjoyed the menu last week, this dish is for you!)
- Flattened emmer wheat cakes
For the Vegetarians or Completely Toothless
- Mashed roots and asparagus with honey
- Boiled watercress with mutton fat
- Rosehips and wild apples (Cattarh season is coming on! Enjoy this dish before you’re stricken.)
- Wild blueberries, crushed in fermented berry juice.
Top off your meal with piping hot tea of our house blend of blood-strengthening herbs!