Our Booking Procedures:
To receive a no-obligation tour quote, simply click on the “START HERE” button, located at the very top of each page on our website. You can also click on “GET QUOTE” or “GET STARTED” from any individual tour page. Once you have submitted your inquiry form, the following will happen:
- Tour Quote Created: Your request will be forwarded to our team of Destination Experts, and a price quote will be created, based on your submitted preferences and criteria (e.g. personal interests, number of people, number of nights, time of year, special occasions or requests if applicable)
- Tour Quote Emailed & Posted To Your Online Account: A free Authentic Vacations online account will be created, allowing you to view and request changes to your quote at any time. Log into your account VIA “MY ACCOUNT” at the top of any of our webpages.
- Fine-Tune Your Tour Quote: Work with your assigned Destination Expert to tweak your quote in any way you wish. Our customers continually tell us that our flexibility in this regard really sets us apart from the competition – your Destination Expert’s sole brief is to create the perfect tour for you!
- Reserve & Pay Online: Once your quote is 100% to your liking, you can pay for your package with your credit card via your Authentic Vacations online account. We also accept payment by personal check and wire transfer.
If you would prefer to discuss your perfect vacation on the phone, we would be delighted to hear from you! Our Destination Experts are standing-by and looking forward to speaking with you at any time during our business hours listed below. We also operate a very responsive and efficient Live Chat service on our website…instant gratification awaits!
Toll-free from the US and Canada: 1-888-443-5259
Rest of World: +1-707-687-0191
Hours of Business:
Monday – Friday: 7:00am – 5:00pm PST
Saturday – Sunday: 7:00am – 4:00pm PST
Deposits and Payments:
Independent Packages: We require a non-refundable 20% deposit of the Land Costs to reserve your package. The remaining balance is due 6 weeks prior to your tour start date. If you are also reserving flights with Authentic Vacations, payment in full is required to secure your seats.
Escorted Bus Packages: We require a non-refundable deposit of $250 per person to reserve your tour. The remaining balance is due 70 days prior to your start date.
Group Tours (8 or more Passengers): We required a $1,000 deposit to reserve your tour. 20% of the Land Cost must be received 6 months prior to your tour start date, with the 80% balance coming due 2 months prior.
We accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover cards. You can make a secure payment via your Authentic Vacations online account, or phone / fax your card details if you prefer. We also accept wire transfer payments, as well as personal checks and money orders made payable to Authentic Vacations.
When purchasing a vacation on this website, you are entering into an agreement between with Authentic Vacations, 3785 Brickway Boulevard, Suite 110, Santa Rosa, CA 95403. We promise to uphold our end of the agreement, and insure that you have the best and most authentic vacation experience possible!
Flight Bookings & Cancellations:
Authentic Vacations is IATA certified (International Air Transport Association) and a registered member of the ARC (Airline Reporting Corporation).
IATA is the globally recognized authority in the air travel industry, and as members, we have access to the domestic and international fares of more than 250 airline companies. Having exceeded IATA’s rigorous membership criteria and received their globally recognized seal of approval, our certification insures that our clients can book airfare through Authentic Vacations with confidence and security.
Our Flight Booking Service, Terms & Conditions:
- We will search for the very best airfare on your behalf. The best does not always mean cheapest! Sometimes finding the right schedule is more important – our Agents will work with you to reserve the flight that best suits your individual needs.
- Airfares are subject to regular change by Airline Companies. Quoted fares are therefore not guaranteed until time of purchase.
- Airfares are generally payable in full at time of purchase.
- Airfare is non-refundable, although in most cases, dates or passengers can be changed, subject to Change Fees. Change Fees are variable, and will depend on the policies of the specific Airline Company, with whom you are flying.
- To avoid cancellation charges should the unexpected occur, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. We offer comprehensive travel insurance coverage to insure your vacation is stress and worry-free – as it should be!
Risk-Free Booking Policy – No Cancellation or Change Fees!:
Reserve your authentic vacation with only a 20% deposit and enjoy the peace of mind afforded by our Risk-Free Booking Policy.
– Your 20% Land Cost deposit is non-refundable.
– However, if you need to cancel your vacation more than 30 days prior to the start thereof, you may avail of our Risk-Free Cancellation Policy.
Risk-Free Details: Life happens, we all know that!
If you need to cancel your vacation up to 30 days before your tour start date, you can reschedule your tour for free! We will rebook your tour for any dates of your choosing within 365 days of your original tour start date. Your 20% deposit will be credited towards the rebooked tour, with absolutely no cancellation or change fees applied!
We want your travels to be stress-free and happy. No worries, no pressure. Just relaxation and wonder… That’s what travel is all about!
Canceled Vacations (Not Rescheduled): If you cancel your vacation, and do not wish to reschedule for a future date, please refer to our Cancellation Penalties below.
Cancellation Penalties: If you are unable to reschedule your vacation, the following penalties will apply, depending on the timing of your cancellation:
- More than 6 weeks prior to your arrival date: 20% of your Land Tour Cost
- 4 to 6 weeks prior: 40% of your Land Tour Cost
- 2 to 4 weeks prior: 60% of your Land Tour Cost
- 1 to 2 weeks prior: 80% of your Land Tour Cost
- Less than 1 week prior: 90% of your Land Tour Cost
- During your vacation: 100% of your Land Tour Cost
- Cancellation policies above do not apply to flights (please see separate section on this page).
- Risk-Free policy does not apply to Group Tours or Escorted Bus Tours (please see the relevant sections on this page).
We require written confirmation if you intend to cancel your trip. Please email your assigned Destination Expert, or alternately write to email@example.com to confirm your cancellation.
We offer a range of authentic and unique Guided Tours. We only partner with the most professional and trusted tour operators in the travel industry. Booking & Cancellation terms and conditions vary slightly depending on the tour provider, as per below.
For CIE Tours Booking & Cancellation Terms & Conditions, please click here
For Globus Tours Booking & Cancellation Terms & Conditions, please click here
For G Adventures Booking & Cancellation Terms & Conditions, please click here
For AMA Waterways Booking & Cancellation Terms & Conditions, please click here
Group Bookings (8 or more Travelers):
Our Group Booking Policy applies to parties of 8 or more traveling together:
– We only require a $1,000 deposit to secure your Group Tour. This is sufficient for us to proceed with the confirmation of your accommodation, activity and transportation arrangements.
– 20% of the tour Land Cost (excluding flights) is required 6 months in advance of your arrival date.
– The remaining 80% balance comes due 2 months in advance of your arrival date.
Should you need to cancel your tour, the following penalties will apply to Group Bookings, depending on the timing of your cancellation:
– More than 8 weeks prior (to your arrival): 20% of your total Land Cost
– 4 to 8 weeks prior: 50% of your total Land Cost
– 1 to 4 weeks prior: 80% of your total Land Cost
– Less than 1 week prior: 100% of your total Land Cost
To avoid cancellation charges and for ultimate peace of mind, we highly recommend purchasing travel insurance. We offer comprehensive travel insurance coverage to insure your vacation is stress and worry-free – as it should be!
The above Group Booking terms and conditions may be subject to change, depending on the specific nature of your tour. For example, a larger initial deposit may be required if your group is reserving an entire accommodation, for the sole and exclusive use of the group. In such cases, your Destination Expert will advise you of any changes prior to booking your tour.
All terms and conditions above refer to the Land Cost portion of your tour. For Flight policies, please refer to the separate section on this page.
If you need to cancel your reserved services, please provide us with written confirmation. You may email your designated Destination Expert, or alternately write to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your cancellation.
Once your cancellation confirmation has been received, we will immediately issue a refund to your credit card, if applicable.
Your refund amount will be determined by the cancellation policies set forth in the following two sections of Our Policies (located above this section):
RISK-FREE BOOKING POLICY – NO CANCELLATION OR CHANGE FEES!
GUIDED BUS TOURS & CRUISES
GROUP BOOKINGS (8 OR MORE TRAVELERS)
If a refund is due, funds will be credited/returned to the same credit card you used to purchase your vacation.
If you have used multiple credit cards to purchase your vacation, we can refund to a specific credit card of your choosing.
If payment has been received by check or bank transfer, your refund can be sent by check, or to a credit card of your choosing.
We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance, in the unlikely event that your trip has to be cancelled or postponed. Authentic Vacations is delighted to offer travel insurance coverage to insure your vacation is stress and worry-free. Our rates are affordable and coverage is very comprehensive – a small price to pay for ultimate peace of mind! We want you to relax on your vacation, have a great time, and then come back again! A travel insurance policy not only protects you financially, but also medically, should a health related situation arise while you are away from home. For more detailed travel insurance policy information, please click here.
If your flight has been delayed and you will miss the first night(s) of your vacation, please call us immediately on 1-888-443-5259, so that we can help to rearrange your tour as efficiently as possible. However, please be aware that hotels will require a minimum of 24 – 72 hours notice to cancel a reservation without penalty. It is therefore unlikely that we will be able to offer a refund for your missed night(s). We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance as you will be able to reclaim any financial loss incurred by travel delays. This is the only way to ensure you will not be charged for any itinerary changes due to travel delays. Please see our Travel Insurance page for more information on how to protect yourself while traveling.
Car Rental Policies – Ireland:
Our car rental providers have the newest fleets of automobiles in the country. We offer compact to SUV size automobiles with either automatic or stick-shift (manual) transmission. Your comfort and safety is our priority.
Car rental includes 3rd party insurance, Reduced Excess (Deductible) Insurance (the best policy offered in the industry – see below for important, detailed info!), unlimited mileage, airport surcharge, 24-hour roadside assistance and all taxes. There are no hidden costs or taxes! These extras are not included in prices quoted by many of our competitors, which is worth bearing in mind when comparing prices.
The price quoted is for a specific number of days car rental. If, for example, you are staying in Ireland for 8 nights, your car will be rented for 8 full days. If you return the car after 9 rather than 8 days (i.e. – you exceed your allotment of 8 x 24-hour periods), your credit card will be charged for the extra days rental by your Car Rental Provider.
Please note that we do not include a rental car while you are staying in Dublin City, unless one is specifically requested. Dublin is difficult to navigate and expensive for parking. It is a compact city with good public transportation.
License Requirements Driver must be in possession of a valid driver’s license for at least two years. An international driver’s license is not required if you are a US, Canadian or EU citizen. The primary driver must be the holder of a major credit card – this cannot be a debit card with a visa/mastercard symbol.
Minimum Driver Age: 25
Must be 28 or older to rent a minivan. 25 for all other car types.
Underage Drivers: 23-24
Drivers aged 23 or 24 are eligible to rent an Economy size vehicle. A young driver surcharge of 26.00 euro per day will apply, and be payable directly to the rental agency when collecting your vehicle
Drivers over 75:
Drivers over the age of 75 will require additional documentation. Please contact us for further information.
GPS Units are available to rent at most locations, at an additional approximate cost of 16:00 Euro per day. If you wish to reserve a GPS device, please contact your agent as this item needs to be booked in advance.
Child Seats are available to rent at most locations, at an approximate additional cost of 10:00 Euro per day. If you wish to reserve a Child Seat, please contact your agent as this item needs to be booked in advance. Please note that it is the renter’s responsibility to securely fit the child seat(s) in the rental vehicle.
One-Way Rentals: Rentals that involve collection/return of your vehicle to two different locations may attract a one-way rental fee, though in most cases within the Republic of Ireland, will not. To clarify if a one-way fee will apply to your specific travel plan, please ask your Destination Expert.
Northern Ireland Insurance Supplement: A E 35.00 euro supplementary insurance fee is required if you plan to bring your rental car into Northern Ireland, as it is a separate country. If applicable, this additional fee is payable directly to the rental agency when collecting your vehicle.
Extension of Rental/ Extra Days. Clients must contact the branch from which they collected the vehicle to see if extension of the rental is possible. Extensions will be charged directly to the client by the Rental Agency.
Parking Your Rental Car: Please note that overnight parking fees will apply at most hotels in larger Irish Cities.
Reduced Deductible Insurance: Great News!
If you have an accident in your rental car without Reduced Excess insurance (standard policy only offering a CDW):
You are liable to pay a ‘deductible’ amount towards the damage. The amount varies, depending on vehicle type. Here are the smallest and largest deductible amounts. All other vehicle types fall somewhere in between:
- Economy Car Deductible: E 1,600.00 euro (Approx. US$2,100.00)
- 8 Passenger Van Deductible: E 3,000.00 euro (Approx. US$3,900.00)
If you have an accident in your rental car with Authentic Vacations’ included Reduced Excess:
You are still liable for a variable deductible amount, but at a fraction of the values above:
- Economy Car Deductible: E 150.00 euro (Approx. US$200.00)
- 8 Passenger Van Deductible: E 250.00 euro (Approx. US$325.00)
And that’s not all – there are even more very significant benefits:
- When you rent a car in Ireland without Reduced Excess, not only are you potentially liable for a large damage repair bill, rental car companies will ‘pre-authorize’ the deductible amount on your credit card – just in case you do have an accident. This means that on arrival in Ireland, an authorization ‘swipe’ is taken on your card, reducing your vacation purchasing power by up to US$3900.00!! This will never be an issue with your Authentic Ireland car rental.
- Purchasing Reduced Excess directly from the rental agency on arrival will cost between $18.00 & $40.00 per day, depending on vehicle type. Multiply those rates by the number of days you are in Ireland, and you’re talking a very significant sum of money… It’s all included in your Authentic Vacations rental car reservation with Hertz!
- After a long overnight flight to Ireland, you won’t be hit with the usual rental car company ‘hard sell’ to purchase Reduced Excess at the high rates detailed above. No, it’s all included. No confusion. No stress. Just begin your perfect Ireland vacation in the best possible way, without any nasty surprises at the rental desk!
- Authentic Vacations is the only company offering these terms as standard to their clients. Sure, we could offer a lower price (like all our competitors), and let you deal with the rental car mess on arrival. But that’s not how we operate. We genuinely care for our clients, and want every aspect of your Ireland experience to be the best it can be. Our rental car policy is merely proof of our claim – you will not find a more customer-focused, honest tour company than Authentic Vacations!
Car Rental Policies – UK:
Car rental includes 3rd party insurance, Collision Damage Waiver*, theft protection, unlimited mileage, 24-hour roadside assistance and all taxes. There are no hidden costs or taxes! These extras are not included in prices quoted by many of our competitors, which is worth bearing in mind when comparing prices.
The price quoted is for a specific number of days car rental. If, for example, you are staying in Scotland for 8 nights, your car will be rented for 8 full days. If you return the car after 9 rather than 8 days (i.e. – you exceed your allotment of 8 x 24-hour periods), your credit card will be charged for the extra days rental by your Car Rental Provider.
Please note that we do not include a rental car while you are staying in Edinburgh, unless one is specifically requested. Edinburgh is difficult to navigate and expensive for parking. It is a compact city with good public transportation.
License Requirements: Drivers must be in possession of a valid driver’s license for at least two years. An international driver’s license is not required if you are a US, Canadian or EU citizen. The primary driver must be the holder of a major credit card – this cannot be a debit card with a Visa/Mastercard symbol.
Minimum driver age: 25
Must be 28 or older to rent a minivan. 25 for all other car types.
Underage Drivers: 23-24
Drivers aged 23 or 24 are eligible to rent an Economy or Compact size vehicle. A young driver surcharge of GB 25.70 Pounds Sterling per day will apply, and be payable directly to the rental agency when collecting your vehicle
Drivers over 70:
Drivers over the age of 70 may require additional documentation. Please contact us for further information.
GPS Units are available to rent at most locations, at an approximate additional cost of GB10.00 pounds per day. If you wish to reserve a GPS device, please contact your agent as this item needs to be booked in advance.
Child Seats are available to rent at most locations, at an approximate additional cost of GB10.00 pounds per day. If you wish to reserve a Child Seat, please contact your agent as this item needs to be booked in advance. Please note that it is the renter’s responsibility to securely fit the child seat(s) in the rental vehicle.
Excess/Deductible/Collision Damage Waiver: Your Excess/CDW comes into play in the unlikely event that you have an accident in your rental car. What is the excess? Excess is basically your insurance deductible. The deductible amount on most vehicles is GB£600.00, In the event of an accident, you are liable for up to GB£600.00 of damage repairs, but no more, regardless of how much damage is done.
The CDW can be greatly reduced for an additional daily charge. This optional insurance will be offered when you are collecting your vehicle, and is payable directly to the Rental Agency.
One-Way Rentals: Rentals that involve collection/return of your vehicle to two different locations may attract a one-way rental fee. This amount may vary depending on vehicle type.
Extension of Rental/ Extra Days. Clients must contact the branch from which they collected the vehicle to see if extension of the rental is possible. Extensions will be charged directly to the client by Hertz Car Rental.
Our Responsibility & Liability:
We accept responsibility for insuring that the travel arrangements you book with us are supplied as described in promotional material and that the services offered reach a high standard. We will always strive to insure that any special requests you may make, e.g. Non Smoking Room, are fulfilled. If any portion of your travel arrangements are not provided as promised, we will pay you compensation, as appropriate.
Authentic Vacations acts only as a booking agent for the various travel service providers. Bookings and transactions arranged by Authentic Vacations are subject to the terms and conditions and limitation of liability imposed by accommodation providers and car rental agencies.
Authentic Vacations does not accept any liability for any loss, claim damages (direct or indirect, incidental, special or consequential, including but not limited to lost profit or lost savings), accident, delay, omission or act whether negligent or otherwise on the part of a supplier of facilities for travel or any representative, employee, agent or servant of a supplier of facilities for travel.
Making Changes to Your Reserved Tour Package:
Once all of your travel arrangements have been confirmed, it may be possible to alter aspects of your tour, subject to availability. Please note that a $50.00 Amendment Fee will apply to each accommodation, activity or transportation reservation that is altered.
Should you wish to alter your travel arrangements in any way after your vacation begins, we will do our best to accommodate you. However, Authentic Vacations cannot guarantee that such alterations will be possible. Any ‘In-Country’ changes that are made will be subject to an Amendment Fee of US$100.00 for each individual reservation that is altered.
Changes Made by Us:
We plan your travel arrangements many months in advance. Regrettably, amendments may sometimes be necessary for reasons beyond our control. We reserve the right to make such changes at any time prior to the commencement of your vacation.
In the unlikely event that changes do need to be made to the original booking before departure, or in the case of advertised accommodations being unavailable at time of booking, Authentic Vacations will offer an alternative of the same standard, as close as possible to the original location.
If the entire tour is canceled for any reason other than non-payment by you, then you will be offered the choice of purchasing another arrangement from Authentic Vacations, with the price difference payable/refundable as appropriate, or of receiving a full refund of all monies paid.
Collection and Use of Personal Information – We will never share your Personal Information with Third Parties!
We collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number, expiration date, billing address (Credit Card information is never stored or saved on our system)
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, ID number, account number, password
We collect this information when you:
- Sign up for our newsletter or email list
- Contact us with questions or request more information about our products or services
We use this information to:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Send you requested product or service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Information Sharing
We will never share your personal information with third parties. We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise share your personal information. If (in very rare cases), your information does need to be shared with a third party, we will never do so without first providing you notice of same and receiving your express permission to proceed.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information as required by law (e.g., to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or legal process served on our website) and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, and/or respond to a government request.
In the event Authentic Vacations goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
You may opt-out of receiving our newsletter or marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each newsletter or marketing email or you can contact us at email@example.com.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or page views.
We use this information, which does not usually identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
We may record your IP addresses when you place an order through our site in order to detect and prevent fraud.
A web beacon is an electronic image placed on a web page that can serve many of the same purposes that cookies serve, For example, recording the pages you visit on our site. We or third parties may use web beacons to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another.
We or our third party service provider may use web beacons in some of our emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients or track click-through rates. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications to customers and our marketing campaigns.
Correcting and Updating Your Personal Information
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Notification of Privacy Statement Changes
We may update this policy from time to time as our information practices are modified or changed. If we make any material changes to this policy that affect your personal information, we will notify you by email (sent to the e-mail address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this Site prior to the change. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You can contact us by writing or email us at the address below.
3785 Brickway Boulevard, Suite 110
Santa Rosa, CA 95403