Create Your Own Ireland Self Drive Vacation
- Prices Vary For our Custom Tours - We Can Accommodate All Budgets!
Create your own Ireland self-drive vacation based on what you want to see and do in Ireland. You are in control. Our Custom Self-Drive Tours are completely flexible. You decide where to visit in Ireland, how long to spend and what type of accommodation suits you best. Our expert local guides will advise and assist you to create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements.
Prior to taking off, don't forget to read some tips on driving in Ireland!
**Use tabs above to view Itinerary, Prices & How to Book.**
- Completely Flexible – We’ll arrange your self-drive tour based on your chosen dates and flight schedule.
- More Choices – You choose the places you want to visit, type of accommodation and any cultural or other activities. We’ll put it all together in an itinerary that makes sense.
- It’s Your Vacation – The pace of your vacation can be as action-packed or relaxing as you wish
- Within Budget – We’ll create an amazing tour at a cost that suits you, but we’ll never skimp on quality.
- Expert Advice – Our staff know Ireland inside and out. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Peace of Mind – Leave everything to us. We’ll make all your reservations, provide you with a detailed itinerary, and you will have our 7-day support while you are in Ireland.
- Quality Guaranteed – from castles to hotels and bed & breakfasts, we only use accommodations that consistently get great reviews from our thousands of customers.
All we need to create a ‘starting-point’ quote and suggested itinerary is:
- Number of people travelling to Ireland
- Number of nights you would like to spend in Ireland
- Date you would like your tour to start in Ireland (or approximate date)
Other Optional Info (Please include in Comments section of 'Get Quote'):
- Specific Locations – Any towns/areas of Ireland you would like to include on your itinerary?
- Add a Unique Experience? – We offer a wide range of special activities, excursions and experiences all over Ireland. From Medieval Castle Banquets to Horse & Carriage rides, we have suggestions to suit just about everyone!
- Special Requests - We can accommodate any Ireland vacation request – just let us know!
- Lodging Choices – Your vacation quote will be based Bed & Breakfast accommodation unless you indicate otherwise. This means you will initially receive the best possible price. If you would prefer to upgrade your lodging, there are many options to choose from – your lodging choices are explained below.
Lodging Choices Explained:
- B&Bs & Guesthouses – Small, family-run establishments that offer the best value, personal attention and genuine Irish hospitality. Usually located on the outskirts of town centers.
- Hotels from 3 to 5 Star – We only work with the best Irish hotels in any star category. More expensive than B&Bs, but usually conveniently located in the heart of town centers.
- Country Houses & Manors – Period properties with character and old-world charm. Ideal if you are seeking a secluded, scenic location, and don’t care about being walking distance from town.
- Castles: Unique, historical properties, also likely to be in more remote locations. While castles are generally our most expensive lodging option, they are also the most popular. Please note that every castle is completely different – some are very reasonably-priced, while others are quite expensive.
- Vacation Rentals: Staying in a Vacation Rental home for a week is an ideal option for families or groups of 4 to 8. Prices are very reasonable for such groups. Learn more about this Lodging type here
Click GET QUOTE to begin planning your Ireland Vacation!
However, if you provide some additional information, we will send you a Custom Ireland Vacation quote tailored to your exact requirements.
Your Choice!, Ireland
Normally your vacation itinerary would appear here, but since this is a Custom Vacation we cannot create the itinerary without your help!
In place of an itinerary here are some tips and information to help you create your ideal self-drive Ireland vacation.
Let Us Help You Create the Perfect Itinerary?
Perhaps you want to spend time in Dublin, drive the Ring of Kerry and see the Cliffs of Moher, but are unsure how best to include it all on a 7 night itinerary? Not a problem. We will create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements. Simply click on 'Get Started' to the above right & tell us what you want to do. The more info you can provide, the better, but we can get started with the following basics:
Would You Like Us to Suggest an Amazing Itinerary?
Arrival & Departure, Ireland
We will advise which airport you should arrive and depart from depending on your itinerary. No back-tracking or long drives to the airport to make your early morning flight! With our assistance, your tour itinerary will flow in the best and most relaxing way possible.
Our Prices Include All Taxes & Fees and Our Risk Free Cancellation Policy!
Your custom vacation price will vary, depending on your needs.
There are many factors that can affect your final vacation price:
- Number of People Travelling Together - Larger Parties Pay Less Per Person!
- Your Month of Travel - Pricing Varies Significantly from Month to Month
- Weekend Stays - Some City Hotels Charge More at Weekends
- Rental Car Choice - Driving a Stick-Shift will Save you $$$
We take all of the above into account when creating your Custom Quote & Itinerary.
We also run Special Offers on a regular basis, and may be able to apply generous discounts to your tour cost. Please contact us for more information and to receive a custom quote.
Our Ireland vacation was a most enjoyable one. The self driven tour was everything we expected and more. Every B&B provided excellent service and the accommodations were top notch. Jordan was able accommodate our request to include a trip to Inishturk island. My wife was able to make contact with relatives she met for the first time. We are so thankful to Jordan for planning everything and making the adjustments we needed. Excellent service! We will definitely recommend Authentic Ireland to our friends.
“A magical vacation”
Maggie set up an incredible itinerary. We stayed in beautiful hotels and experienced amazing sites that covered a wide array of the best that Ireland has to offer. She worked with me to customize the trip and the information she sent made negotiating the travel and choosing sites to visit very easy. There was not a single glitch. I recommend using Authentic Ireland without reservation.
“Glad we used Authentic Ireland”
My wife and I wanted to take a trip to the British Isles for our 25th anniversay. We used Authentic Ireland to help plan our itinerary for 12 days in London, Edinburgh, and various locations in Ireland. Kati Lepisto, from AI, arranged for all of our lodging as well as the rental car in Ireland. She included a tour of the Scottish Highlands, and also recommended other activities to round out our trip. Everything worked out perfectly.
All of the hotels recommended by Kati were wonderful, and I was impressed with her thorough and helpful communication both before and during our trip.
Thank you Kati and Authentic Ireland!
Jordan and the staff at Authentic Ireland listened to our needs and planned a fantastic trip for us . We did the self drive and had no problems what so ever including, all hotels, B&B, Car and pre Paid sightseeing. We did a southern loop including Dublin, Kilkenny, Cork county, Kalarney, the western coasts up to Galway and Connemara. venturing off the beaten path was the best of all. Get yourself lost on a country road and stop to talk to local farmers..They love it and provide great advice for a few secret spots! Thanks again Jordan. We will use and recommend you in the future!
Edna assisted in planning a dream trip to Ireland for me and my friends, and I could not have been happier with the experience! From the beginning, Edna understood our desire to travel across Ireland on a small budget. She was quick to respond to my questions and willing to make last-minute adjustments when our plans changed. She reserved a rental car for us which was unbelievably easy to pick up and drop off and booked us at B&Bs with comfortable rooms, friendly hosts, and fabulous food. Ireland must be the most stunning place on earth, and I can't thank Edna and Authentic Ireland enough for sending me to this magical place.
I hope to begin planning a trip to Scotland soon and will certainly be using their services!
1. Click on the Green “Get Started” Button to the RightSubmit your travel dates, number of people and type of transportation. We can adjust the length of our vacation packages to suit your needs.
2. Online Account & Quote CreatedOur experts will create a custom quote & itinerary based on your requirements, and all details are posted to your Authentic Ireland online account (login info will be emailed to you!).
3. Make Changes / Ask QuestionsYour quote will have been created by your own personal Expert, who will be available to you at any stage of planning your vacation & even while you are in Ireland or Scotland. Call or email your dedicated Expert to discuss options, make changes or ask questions.
4. Reserve & Pay Online
Reserve your vacation package securely via your online account. We only require a 20% deposit to secure your vacation, and our Risk-Free Cancellation Policy provides you with complete peace of mind.
5. Print Your Travel Documents & Go!
Once your vacation has been paid in full, you will be able to print your travel documents directly from your online account. You’re ready to go!
With offices in both Ireland & the U.S., we can offer you unrivaled support while you are in Ireland or Scotland. We truly believe all our clients deserve an extraordinary experience!