Create Your Own Scotland Self Drive Vacation
Price: From XX - XX | Prices Vary For our Custom Tours - We Can Accommodate All Budgets!
Create your own Scotland self-drive vacation based on what you want to see and do in Scotland. You are in control. Our Custom Self-Drive Tours are completely flexible. You decide where to visit in Scotland, how long to spend and what type of accommodation suits you best. Our expert agents know Scotland through personal experience, and will advise and assist you to create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements.
**Use tabs above to view Itinerary, Prices & How to Book.**
- Completely Flexible – We’ll arrange your self-drive tour based on your chosen dates and flight schedule.
- More Choices – You choose the places you want to visit, type of accommodation and any cultural or other activities. We’ll put it all together in an itinerary that makes sense.
- It’s Your Vacation – The pace of your vacation can be as action-packed or relaxing as you wish
- Within Budget – We’ll create an amazing tour at a cost that suits you, but we’ll never skimp on quality.
- Expert Advice – Our staff know Scotland inside and out. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Peace of Mind – Leave everything to us. We’ll make all your reservations, provide you with a detailed itinerary and guidebooks and you will have 24/7 support while you are in Scotland.
- Quality Guaranteed – from Castles to Hotels and Bed & Breakfasts, we only use accommodations that consistently get great reviews from our thousands of customers.
All we need to create a ‘starting-point’ quote and suggested itinerary is:
- Number of people travelling to Scotland
- Number of nights you would like to spend in Scotland
- Date you would like your tour to start in Scotland (or approximate date)
However, if you provide some additional information, we will send you a Custom Scotland Vacation quote tailored to your exact requirements.
Other Optional Info (Please include in Comments section of 'Get Started'):
- Specific Locations – Any towns/areas of Scotland you would like to include on your itinerary?
- Add a Unique Experience? – We offer a wide range of special activities, excursions and experiences all over Scotland. From Ghostly Walking Tours of Edinburgh to Scotch Whisky Tasting Experiences, we have suggestions to suit just about everyone!
- Special Requests - We can accommodate any Scotland vacation request – just let us know!
- Lodging Choices – Your vacation quote will be based Bed & Breakfast accommodation unless you indicate otherwise. This means you will initially receive the best possible price. If you would prefer to upgrade your lodging, there are many options to choose from – your lodging choices are explained below.
Lodging Choices Explained:
- B&Bs & Guesthouses – Small, family-run establishments that offer the best value, personal attention and genuine Scottish hospitality. Usually located on the outskirts of town centers.
- Hotels from 3 to 5 Star – We only work with the best Scottish hotels in any star category. More expensive than B&Bs, but usually conveniently located in the heart of town centers.
- Country Houses & Manors – Period properties with character and old-world charm. Ideal if you are seeking a secluded, scenic location, and don’t care about being walking distance from town.
- Castles: Unique, historical properties, also likely to be in more remote locations. While Castles are generally our most expensive lodging option, they are also the most popular. Please note that every Castle is completely different – some are very reasonably-priced, while others are quite expensive.
Click GET QUOTE to begin planning your Scotland Vacation!
Your Choice!, Scotland
Normally your vacation itinerary would appear here, but since this is a Custom Vacation we cannot create the itinerary without your help! In place of an itinerary here are some tips and information to help you create your ideal self-drive Scotland vacation.
Let Us Help You Create the Perfect Itinerary?
Perhaps you want to spend time in Edinburgh, drive to the Isle of Skye and see the Loch Ness, but are unsure how best to include it all on a 7 night itinerary? Not a problem. We will create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements. Simply click on 'Get Started' to the above right & tell us what you want to do. The more info you can provide, the better, but we can get started with the following basics:
Would You Like Us to Suggest an Amazing Itinerary?
Arrival & Departure, Scotland
We will advise which airport you should arrive and depart from depending on your itinerary. No back-tracking or long drives to the airport to make your early morning flight! With our assistance, your tour itinerary will flow in the best and most relaxing way poss
Our Prices Include All Taxes & Fees and Our Risk Free Cancellation Policy!
Your custom vacation price will vary, depending on your needs.
There are many factors that can affect your final vacation price:
- Number of People Travelling Together - Larger Parties Pay Less Per Person!
- Your Month of Travel - Pricing Varies Significantly from Month to Month
- Weekend Stays - Some City Hotels Charge More at Weekends
- Rental Car Choice - Driving a Stick-Shift will Save you $$$
We take all of the above into account when creating your Custom Quote & Itinerary.
We also run Special Offers on a regular basis, and may be able to apply generous discounts to your tour cost. Please contact us for more information and to receive a custom quote.
“Amazing Trip to Ireland”
Aisling did an excellent job, prepared and booked our 15 day honeymoon in Ireland! All the hotels were gorgeous, rental car pick up and drop off were painless. We traveled around the entire country and enjoyed all of the amazing scenery and friendly locals! I would recommend AuthenticIreland and Aisling to anyone looking to book their next trip overseas. 5 Stars, 100% Satusfied!
“Simply Amazing and Worry Free”
I just returned from this amazing adventure. Authentic Ireland made this vacation simple and worry free. I am ready to book my next vacation.
We have recently returned from a wonderful excursion of 2 weeks planned by Emma Tancred.She was responsive, understood our objectives, and made great suggestions to customize our itinerary. . Emma arranged the car, the insurance, accommodations from B+B's to lovely hotels, a car and driver to Newgrange. Our self drive tour began after spending 3 days in Dublin; then on to the Wicklow Mountains, Kilkenny, Kinsale, Kenmare, Doolin, and Galway.. We have experienced Ireland in all its magic and wonder. Thank you, Emma. You have our highest recommendation.
“Scotland in November”
Having just returned from our ten day tour of Scotland, I have had a few days to reflect on a wonderful journey. We were so impressed with the accommodations .con booked for us. Every one was exceptional. Our only suggestion for future travelers is not to stay in downtown Glasgow if you are driving a rental vehicle. We were given poor directions by the hotel staff and ended up driving around for about twenty minutes trying to find the parkade for which the hotel validated. We parked finally in one that apparently was the wrong one, and after a ten minute walk back to the hotel, were told they couldn’t reimburse us. It was 22£ that we needn’t have spent had the hotel clerk been clearer in her directions. To be fair, our information from the travel company did give directions to the appropriate car park, but a strange city can be confusing. It was a minor disruption in a fabulous trip. We had a great vehicle, and enjoyed the people, the food and the fabulous scenery along the way. Thanks Con for your sightseeing suggestions. We learned a lot of Scottish history. Some of the sites were closed for the winter, but we never ran out of things to see and do. The guest house owners were particularly friendly and helpful. We will return!
“2 day whirlwind tour of Dublin”
I recently had a short, whirlwind trip to Dublin, Ireland, on my way to Cardiff, Wales where I was traveling to take a 3 day course. Dublin was wonderful! My first visit! Loved it!! No problems!! Can't wait to return.
Interestingly, traveling over on Aer Lingus, the day after Thanksgiving, the flight was almost empty, for whatever reason. Only about 50 of us onboard. That made for excellent inflight service!
Weather was ok, nice sunny days, and a bit on the chilly side (low to mid 30's) but was not a problem. while I currently live in southern California and have adapted to the Mediterranean climate, I am from the Great Lakes and cold weather generally doesn't bother me. I adapted!
Maggie arranged for me to ride the "Hop on" bus which worked out very nicely! You can 'hop on' and 'hop off'' as you please, for 1 fare. Took the tour of Dublin the morning of my first full day there! Saw it all. Then, after returning to my hotel, the Davenport, which is quite charming, I bravely set out on foot to see what I could see. They speak English, and I can read a map, and I had a wonderful time exploring. :) I might add that I had ongoing problems trying to connect to any networks while there. The hotel network was down. Fortunately, I am able to function without the iPhone :) ...so I adapted and it all worked out. I stepped into a souvenir store and got on their network to send emails and photos home. Saw many places...Grafton St, the Cathedral, the Guinness Tour, Trinity College, the Book of Kell's tour, the Whiskey Tour, the National Gallery...I fit a lot into 2 days...
Yes, I will have to return when I have more time, because there is SO much to see! But I have learned to take advantage of the opportunities that life presents...so I jumped at this chance to see a little bit of Ireland!
it was pointed out to me before leaving that Ireland is on the Euro, and the rest of the UK is on the Pound...so I needed Euros for Dublin then got UK currency in pounds when arriving in Cardiff.
Can't wait to return... :)
1. Click on the Green “Get Started” Button to the RightSubmit your travel dates, number of people and type of transportation. We can adjust the length of our vacation packages to suit your needs.
2. Online Account & Quote CreatedOur experts will create a custom quote & itinerary based on your requirements, and all details are posted to your Authentic Ireland online account (login info will be emailed to you!).
3. Make Changes / Ask QuestionsYour quote will have been created by your own personal Expert, who will be available to you at any stage of planning your vacation & even while you are in Ireland or Scotland. Call or email your dedicated Expert to discuss options, make changes or ask questions.
4. Reserve & Pay Online
Reserve your vacation package securely via your online account. We only require a 20% deposit to secure your vacation, and our Risk-Free Cancellation Policy provides you with complete peace of mind.
5. Print Your Travel Documents & Go!
Once your vacation has been paid in full, you will be able to print your travel documents directly from your online account. You’re ready to go!
With offices in both Ireland & the U.S., we can offer you unrivaled support while you are in Ireland or Scotland. We truly believe all our clients deserve an extraordinary experience!