Create Your Own Scotland Self Drive Vacation
XX - XX | Prices Vary For our Custom Tours - We Can Accommodate All Budgets!
Create your own Scotland self-drive vacation based on what you want to see and do in Scotland. You are in control. Our Custom Self-Drive Tours are completely flexible. You decide where to visit in Scotland, how long to spend and what type of accommodation suits you best. Our expert agents know Scotland through personal experience, and will advise and assist you to create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements.
**Use tabs above to view Itinerary, Prices & How to Book.**
- Completely Flexible – We’ll arrange your self-drive tour based on your chosen dates and flight schedule.
- More Choices – You choose the places you want to visit, type of accommodation and any cultural or other activities. We’ll put it all together in an itinerary that makes sense.
- It’s Your Vacation – The pace of your vacation can be as action-packed or relaxing as you wish
- Within Budget – We’ll create an amazing tour at a cost that suits you, but we’ll never skimp on quality.
- Expert Advice – Our staff know Scotland inside and out. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Peace of Mind – Leave everything to us. We’ll make all your reservations, provide you with a detailed itinerary and guidebooks and you will have 24/7 support while you are in Scotland.
- Quality Guaranteed – from Castles to Hotels and Bed & Breakfasts, we only use accommodations that consistently get great reviews from our thousands of customers.
All we need to create a ‘starting-point’ quote and suggested itinerary is:
- Number of people travelling to Scotland
- Number of nights you would like to spend in Scotland
- Date you would like your tour to start in Scotland (or approximate date)
However, if you provide some additional information, we will send you a Custom Scotland Vacation quote tailored to your exact requirements.
Other Optional Info (Please include in Comments section of 'Get Started'):
- Specific Locations – Any towns/areas of Scotland you would like to include on your itinerary?
- Add a Unique Experience? – We offer a wide range of special activities, excursions and experiences all over Scotland. From Ghostly Walking Tours of Edinburgh to Scotch Whisky Tasting Experiences, we have suggestions to suit just about everyone!
- Special Requests - We can accommodate any Scotland vacation request – just let us know!
- Lodging Choices – Your vacation quote will be based Bed & Breakfast accommodation unless you indicate otherwise. This means you will initially receive the best possible price. If you would prefer to upgrade your lodging, there are many options to choose from – your lodging choices are explained below.
Lodging Choices Explained:
- B&Bs & Guesthouses – Small, family-run establishments that offer the best value, personal attention and genuine Scottish hospitality. Usually located on the outskirts of town centers.
- Hotels from 3 to 5 Star – We only work with the best Scottish hotels in any star category. More expensive than B&Bs, but usually conveniently located in the heart of town centers.
- Country Houses & Manors – Period properties with character and old-world charm. Ideal if you are seeking a secluded, scenic location, and don’t care about being walking distance from town.
- Castles: Unique, historical properties, also likely to be in more remote locations. While Castles are generally our most expensive lodging option, they are also the most popular. Please note that every Castle is completely different – some are very reasonably-priced, while others are quite expensive.
Click GET QUOTE to begin planning your Scotland Vacation!
Your Choice!, Scotland
Normally your vacation itinerary would appear here, but since this is a Custom Vacation we cannot create the itinerary without your help! In place of an itinerary here are some tips and information to help you create your ideal self-drive Scotland vacation.
Let Us Help You Create the Perfect Itinerary?
Perhaps you want to spend time in Edinburgh, drive to the Isle of Skye and see the Loch Ness, but are unsure how best to include it all on a 7 night itinerary? Not a problem. We will create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements. Simply click on 'Get Started' to the above right & tell us what you want to do. The more info you can provide, the better, but we can get started with the following basics:
Would You Like Us to Suggest an Amazing Itinerary?
Arrival & Departure, Scotland
We will advise which airport you should arrive and depart from depending on your itinerary. No back-tracking or long drives to the airport to make your early morning flight! With our assistance, your tour itinerary will flow in the best and most relaxing way poss
Our Prices Include All Taxes & Fees and Our Risk Free Cancellation Policy!
Your custom vacation price will vary, depending on your needs.
There are many factors that can affect your final vacation price:
- Number of People Travelling Together - Larger Parties Pay Less Per Person!
- Your Month of Travel - Pricing Varies Significantly from Month to Month
- Weekend Stays - Some City Hotels Charge More at Weekends
- Rental Car Choice - Driving a Stick-Shift will Save you $$$
We take all of the above into account when creating your Custom Quote & Itinerary.
We also run Special Offers on a regular basis, and may be able to apply generous discounts to your tour cost. Please contact us for more information and to receive a custom quote.
“Everything went smoothly”
Lonna took great care of us. I had never booked an overseas vacation before so was a bit apprehensive but it was a wonderful experience. I am recommending Lonna and Authentic Ireland Vacations to anyone who dreams of seeing Ireland. The car, rooms, excursions and advice were great. Each time I was pleased to see no hitches in the plan and lots of attention to small details to make our stay very special. We had 8 days so time was precious and none was wasted. The places Lonna picked for us were so helpful and friendly. They wen out of their way to make sure we had everything to make our trip smooth and lots of fun. The breakfasts included each morning were fabulous and we were so well fed on scrumptious food we never wanted to stop for lunch. Thanks again Lonna. Very successful adventure in Ireland!!
What a great trip we had. Our 11 days in Ireland was incredible, AuthenticIreland did a great job with setting our trip. We had one minor issue with a castle that was chosen, but, other than that, we had an amazing time.
“Great Travel Service!”
I have to say that my experience with Authentic Ireland was first class! Our agent, Maggie Lunde did a great job and made adjustments to all the (many) changes we made as we were in the planning stages of our trip.
Once we arrived at each destination, there wasn't one hiccup or issue with rentals and accommodations. Everything was setup in advance and there weren't any problems.
I definitely recommend Authentic Ireland to anyone considering using them!
Thank you, Authentic Ireland! We had the most wonderful 8-night vacation, without a hiccup, thanks in no small part to the thoughtful, timely, flexible, and attentive support of our travel advisor, Edna Gudino, When we requested a couple of changes to our itinerary before the trip, she had a updated itinerary to us within 24 hours. Every accommodation we went to was beautiful and unique. Highly, highly recommend this company, and Edna in particular, should you find yourself planning to go to Ireland!
“6 Nights in Ireland”
I started "planning" my vacation with only the loosest of goals: to fly into Dublin, have a scenic drive, and spend a little time on the Western coast. Kati, from Authentic Vacations, helped fill in the blanks with helpful suggestions. She quickly understood the spirit that we had, and was able to offer a great travel plan. We enjoyed two nights in Dublin, one night in Kilkenny, two nights in Galway, and our final night in Bonratty. Authentic Vacations made all of the arrangements--hotel, car rental, and tickets for the hop-on/hop-off bus. The accommodations were fantastic. A very satisfying vacation.
1. Click on the Green “Get Started” Button to the RightSubmit your travel dates, number of people and type of transportation. We can adjust the length of our vacation packages to suit your needs.
2. Online Account & Quote CreatedOur experts will create a custom quote & itinerary based on your requirements, and all details are posted to your Authentic Ireland online account (login info will be emailed to you!).
3. Make Changes / Ask QuestionsYour quote will have been created by your own personal Expert, who will be available to you at any stage of planning your vacation & even while you are in Ireland or Scotland. Call or email your dedicated Expert to discuss options, make changes or ask questions.
4. Reserve & Pay Online
Reserve your vacation package securely via your online account. We only require a 20% deposit to secure your vacation, and our Risk-Free Cancellation Policy provides you with complete peace of mind.
5. Print Your Travel Documents & Go!
Once your vacation has been paid in full, you will be able to print your travel documents directly from your online account. You’re ready to go!
With offices in both Ireland & the U.S., we can offer you unrivaled support while you are in Ireland or Scotland. We truly believe all our clients deserve an extraordinary experience!