Create Your Own Scotland Self Drive Vacation
XX - XX | Prices Vary For our Custom Tours - We Can Accommodate All Budgets!
Create your own Scotland self-drive vacation based on what you want to see and do in Scotland. You are in control. Our Custom Self-Drive Tours are completely flexible. You decide where to visit in Scotland, how long to spend and what type of accommodation suits you best. Our expert agents know Scotland through personal experience, and will advise and assist you to create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements.
**Use tabs above to view Itinerary, Prices & How to Book.**
- Completely Flexible – We’ll arrange your self-drive tour based on your chosen dates and flight schedule.
- More Choices – You choose the places you want to visit, type of accommodation and any cultural or other activities. We’ll put it all together in an itinerary that makes sense.
- It’s Your Vacation – The pace of your vacation can be as action-packed or relaxing as you wish
- Within Budget – We’ll create an amazing tour at a cost that suits you, but we’ll never skimp on quality.
- Expert Advice – Our staff know Scotland inside and out. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Peace of Mind – Leave everything to us. We’ll make all your reservations, provide you with a detailed itinerary and guidebooks and you will have 24/7 support while you are in Scotland.
- Quality Guaranteed – from Castles to Hotels and Bed & Breakfasts, we only use accommodations that consistently get great reviews from our thousands of customers.
All we need to create a ‘starting-point’ quote and suggested itinerary is:
- Number of people travelling to Scotland
- Number of nights you would like to spend in Scotland
- Date you would like your tour to start in Scotland (or approximate date)
However, if you provide some additional information, we will send you a Custom Scotland Vacation quote tailored to your exact requirements.
Other Optional Info (Please include in Comments section of 'Get Started'):
- Specific Locations – Any towns/areas of Scotland you would like to include on your itinerary?
- Add a Unique Experience? – We offer a wide range of special activities, excursions and experiences all over Scotland. From Ghostly Walking Tours of Edinburgh to Scotch Whisky Tasting Experiences, we have suggestions to suit just about everyone!
- Special Requests - We can accommodate any Scotland vacation request – just let us know!
- Lodging Choices – Your vacation quote will be based Bed & Breakfast accommodation unless you indicate otherwise. This means you will initially receive the best possible price. If you would prefer to upgrade your lodging, there are many options to choose from – your lodging choices are explained below.
Lodging Choices Explained:
- B&Bs & Guesthouses – Small, family-run establishments that offer the best value, personal attention and genuine Scottish hospitality. Usually located on the outskirts of town centers.
- Hotels from 3 to 5 Star – We only work with the best Scottish hotels in any star category. More expensive than B&Bs, but usually conveniently located in the heart of town centers.
- Country Houses & Manors – Period properties with character and old-world charm. Ideal if you are seeking a secluded, scenic location, and don’t care about being walking distance from town.
- Castles: Unique, historical properties, also likely to be in more remote locations. While Castles are generally our most expensive lodging option, they are also the most popular. Please note that every Castle is completely different – some are very reasonably-priced, while others are quite expensive.
Click GET QUOTE to begin planning your Scotland Vacation!
Your Choice!, Scotland
Normally your vacation itinerary would appear here, but since this is a Custom Vacation we cannot create the itinerary without your help! In place of an itinerary here are some tips and information to help you create your ideal self-drive Scotland vacation.
Let Us Help You Create the Perfect Itinerary?
Perhaps you want to spend time in Edinburgh, drive to the Isle of Skye and see the Loch Ness, but are unsure how best to include it all on a 7 night itinerary? Not a problem. We will create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements. Simply click on 'Get Started' to the above right & tell us what you want to do. The more info you can provide, the better, but we can get started with the following basics:
Would You Like Us to Suggest an Amazing Itinerary?
Arrival & Departure, Scotland
We will advise which airport you should arrive and depart from depending on your itinerary. No back-tracking or long drives to the airport to make your early morning flight! With our assistance, your tour itinerary will flow in the best and most relaxing way poss
Our Prices Include All Taxes & Fees and Our Risk Free Cancellation Policy!
Your custom vacation price will vary, depending on your needs.
There are many factors that can affect your final vacation price:
- Number of People Travelling Together - Larger Parties Pay Less Per Person!
- Your Month of Travel - Pricing Varies Significantly from Month to Month
- Weekend Stays - Some City Hotels Charge More at Weekends
- Rental Car Choice - Driving a Stick-Shift will Save you $$$
We take all of the above into account when creating your Custom Quote & Itinerary.
We also run Special Offers on a regular basis, and may be able to apply generous discounts to your tour cost. Please contact us for more information and to receive a custom quote.
Jordan and the staff at Authentic Ireland listened to our needs and planned a fantastic trip for us . We did the self drive and had no problems what so ever including, all hotels, B&B, Car and pre Paid sightseeing. We did a southern loop including Dublin, Kilkenny, Cork county, Kalarney, the western coasts up to Galway and Connemara. venturing off the beaten path was the best of all. Get yourself lost on a country road and stop to talk to local farmers..They love it and provide great advice for a few secret spots! Thanks again Jordan. We will use and recommend you in the future!
Edna assisted in planning a dream trip to Ireland for me and my friends, and I could not have been happier with the experience! From the beginning, Edna understood our desire to travel across Ireland on a small budget. She was quick to respond to my questions and willing to make last-minute adjustments when our plans changed. She reserved a rental car for us which was unbelievably easy to pick up and drop off and booked us at B&Bs with comfortable rooms, friendly hosts, and fabulous food. Ireland must be the most stunning place on earth, and I can't thank Edna and Authentic Ireland enough for sending me to this magical place.
I hope to begin planning a trip to Scotland soon and will certainly be using their services!
“A Great London & Scotland Visit”
Another wonderful vacation made possible by Con Jager and Authentic Ireland! A trip full of history, beautiful places and friendly people is all anyone should hope for and that is what we found for two weeks. The hotels/B & B's/castles were great places to rest after busy days of tours, visits, and walking all over London and the English and Scottish countryside. Our guides and chauffeur were both teachers and pals for happy hours and days of busy but relaxed enjoyment. Thank you Con
I had a wonderful experience with Authentic Ireland. This was the first international trip we've taken and Kati made it easy and very special. She worked with me to incorporate everything we wanted to see and do, took care of all the details, responded quickly, and answered all my questions. All we had to do was show up and have a great time. I highly recommend planning your next trip wherever it may be through Authentic Ireland. Thank you, Kati!
The trip that Emma planned was absolutely amazing! The only thing I would've wished for was a place closer to the city center in Galway, but that's because I preferred parking and walking.
Having two full days in Dublin before picking up the rental car allowed plenty of time to go to the Guinness Storehouse, Jameson Distillery, Trinity College, and shop along Grafton Street.
Each of the hotels and B&Bs were comfortable. Breakfasts were extremely filling. The suggestions for site seeing, both in the cities and along the route were great.
Communication with Emma was wonderful. Any questions that I thought of were answered quickly.
I would definitely recommend Authentic Ireland to anyone planning a trip, and would definitely use them again in the future.
1. Click on the Green “Get Started” Button to the RightSubmit your travel dates, number of people and type of transportation. We can adjust the length of our vacation packages to suit your needs.
2. Online Account & Quote CreatedOur experts will create a custom quote & itinerary based on your requirements, and all details are posted to your Authentic Ireland online account (login info will be emailed to you!).
3. Make Changes / Ask QuestionsYour quote will have been created by your own personal Expert, who will be available to you at any stage of planning your vacation & even while you are in Ireland or Scotland. Call or email your dedicated Expert to discuss options, make changes or ask questions.
4. Reserve & Pay Online
Reserve your vacation package securely via your online account. We only require a 20% deposit to secure your vacation, and our Risk-Free Cancellation Policy provides you with complete peace of mind.
5. Print Your Travel Documents & Go!
Once your vacation has been paid in full, you will be able to print your travel documents directly from your online account. You’re ready to go!
With offices in both Ireland & the U.S., we can offer you unrivaled support while you are in Ireland or Scotland. We truly believe all our clients deserve an extraordinary experience!