Create Your Own Ireland Self Drive Vacation
- Our Custom Tour Prices Vary - We Can Accommodate All Budgets!
Create your own Ireland self-drive vacation based on what you want to see and do in Ireland. You are in control. Our Custom Self-Drive Tours are completely flexible. You decide where to visit in Ireland, how long to spend and what type of accommodation suits you best. Our expert local guides will advise and assist you to create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements.
Prior to taking off, don't forget to read some tips on driving in Ireland!
**Use tabs above to view Itinerary, Prices & How to Book.**
- Completely Flexible – We’ll arrange your self-drive tour based on your chosen dates and flight schedule.
- More Choices – You choose the places you want to visit, type of accommodation and any cultural or other activities. We’ll put it all together in an itinerary that makes sense.
- It’s Your Vacation – The pace of your vacation can be as action-packed or relaxing as you wish
- Within Budget – We’ll create an amazing tour at a cost that suits you, but we’ll never skimp on quality.
- Expert Advice – Our staff know Ireland inside and out. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Peace of Mind – Leave everything to us. We’ll make all your reservations, provide you with a detailed itinerary, and you will have our 7-day support while you are in Ireland.
- Quality Guaranteed – from castles to hotels and bed & breakfasts, we only use accommodations that consistently get great reviews from our thousands of customers.
All we need to create a ‘starting-point’ quote and suggested itinerary is:
Number of people travelling to Ireland
Number of nights you would like to spend in Ireland
Date you would like your tour to start in Ireland (or approximate date)
Other Optional Info (Please include in Comments section of 'Get Quote'):
- Specific Locations – Any towns/areas of Ireland you would like to include on your itinerary?
- Add a Unique Experience? – We offer a wide range of special activities, excursions and experiences all over Ireland. From Medieval Castle Banquets to Horse & Carriage rides, we have suggestions to suit just about everyone!
- Special Requests - We can accommodate any Ireland vacation request – just let us know!
- Lodging Choices – Your vacation quote will be based Bed & Breakfast accommodation unless you indicate otherwise. This means you will initially receive the best possible price. If you would prefer to upgrade your lodging, there are many options to choose from – your lodging choices are explained below.
Lodging Choices Explained:
- B&Bs & Guesthouses – Small, family-run establishments that offer the best value, personal attention and genuine Irish hospitality. Usually located on the outskirts of town centers.
- Hotels from 3 to 5 Star – We only work with the best Irish hotels in any star category. More expensive than B&Bs, but usually conveniently located in the heart of town centers.
- Country Houses & Manors – Period properties with character and old-world charm. Ideal if you are seeking a secluded, scenic location, and don’t care about being walking distance from town.
- Castles: Unique, historical properties, also likely to be in more remote locations. While castles are generally our most expensive lodging option, they are also the most popular. Please note that every castle is completely different – some are very reasonably-priced, while others are quite expensive.
- Vacation Rentals: Staying in a Vacation Rental home for a week is an ideal option for families or groups of 4 to 8. Prices are very reasonable for such groups. Learn more about this Lodging type here
Click GET QUOTE to begin planning your Ireland Vacation!
However, if you provide some additional information, we will send you a Custom Ireland Vacation quote tailored to your exact requirements.
Your Choice!, Ireland
Normally your vacation itinerary would appear here, but since this is a Custom Vacation we cannot create the itinerary without your help!
In place of an itinerary here are some tips and information to help you create your ideal self-drive Ireland vacation.
Let Us Help You Create the Perfect Itinerary?
Perhaps you want to spend time in Dublin, drive the Ring of Kerry and see the Cliffs of Moher, but are unsure how best to include it all on a 7 night itinerary? Not a problem. We will create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements. Simply click on 'Get Started' to the above right & tell us what you want to do. The more info you can provide, the better, but we can get started with the following basics:
Would You Like Us to Suggest an Amazing Itinerary?
Arrival & Departure, Ireland
We will advise which airport you should arrive and depart from depending on your itinerary. No back-tracking or long drives to the airport to make your early morning flight! With our assistance, your tour itinerary will flow in the best and most relaxing way possible.
Our Prices Include All Taxes & Fees and Our Risk Free Cancellation Policy!
Your custom vacation price will vary, depending on your needs.
There are many factors that can affect your final vacation price:
- Number of People Travelling Together - Larger Parties Pay Less Per Person!
- Your Month of Travel - Pricing Varies Significantly from Month to Month
- Weekend Stays - Some City Hotels Charge More at Weekends
- Rental Car Choice - Driving a Stick-Shift will Save you $$$
We take all of the above into account when creating your Custom Quote & Itinerary.
We also run Special Offers on a regular basis, and may be able to apply generous discounts to your tour cost. Please contact us for more information and to receive a custom quote.
“Amazing Customer Service”
I cannot express more how amazing the customer service has been with this company. Jocoya has truly gone above and beyond for us. We had a few hiccups in our travel arrangements and with a quick turnaround, she did her absolute best to accommodate us. I would be thrilled to use this company again in the future.
Thank you Jocoya! You are a star!
Amanda did an excellent job booking our driving tour. She made arrangements for everything we knew we wanted to see and had suggestions for other great places as well. Accommodations were great. The one slight snag was handled efficiently and completely to our satisfaction. I recommend Authentic Ireland and Amanda. We would certainly use them again.
“I cant say enough!”
I am a professional travel advisor with 25 years experience. I started to use Authentic Ireland a little over a year ago for our travel clients. As a professional, relationship building is very important and I have never found a company that has been so professional, so knowledgeable and so helpful. I recently worked with Michelle for a group traveling for 15 nights to Ireland in September. We had several revisions but Michelle and Authentic Ireland handled the changes effortlessly. The arrangements, the accommodations are always wonderful. Every one of Fitzgerald Travel's clients have returned from vacation with rave reviews. Thank you Authentic Ireland for making us look so good! I look forward to years together!
“Perfect Ireland Vacation”
My wife and I had a wonderful Ireland vacation in August for our Anniversary. We had received some recommendations for Authentic Vacations and we are so glad we chose them for this memorable getaway. We were there for a week and everything, from the accommodations (a nice mixture of classy boutique hotels in the cities to small family B&B's in the country), the suggested itinerary and car reservation was all perfectly scheduled by their expert travel team (Jocoya, specifically). We are ready to book our next Ireland trip soon and will gladly use their services again. We believe their experience allows them to offer easy but memorable itineraries that take all the guess work out of planning a great trip to a wonderful and beautiful place like Ireland.
“Enchanting Emerald Isle Tour”
My sister and I were on the Enchanting Emerald Isle tour in July 2018. We had always wanted to go to Ireland and this was a wonderful opportunity. We met family members from the U.S. in Dublin and toured some of the city prior to traveling on to Enniscrone, Galway, Killarney, Kilkenny, and back to Dublin. We traveled the Ring of Kerry and The Burren! In spite of the drought that affected Europe in 2018, the countryside was beautiful! Brendan Vacations provided wonderful lodging at every stop! We took advantage of many of the optional experiences such as the Shannon River cruise and the Killarney Jaunting Cart Ride! I would particularly like to thank our travel director, James Creegan, for his patience and assistance during the trip! He answered all of our questions and provided us with an insight into Irish history that we can't glean from books! It may have been like herding cats, but James did it with aplomb! I would also like to give a shout out to our driver, Gerry, for his awesome navigation of the narrow country roads. Gerry was always willing to answer questions or lend a hand when needed! Thank you all for providing a most awesome trip through Ireland!
1. Click on the Green “Get Started” Button to the RightSubmit your travel dates, number of people and type of transportation. We can adjust the length of our vacation packages to suit your needs.
2. Online Account & Quote CreatedOur experts will create a custom quote & itinerary based on your requirements, and all details are posted to your Authentic Ireland online account (login info will be emailed to you!).
3. Make Changes / Ask QuestionsYour quote will have been created by your own personal Expert, who will be available to you at any stage of planning your vacation & even while you are in Ireland or Scotland. Call or email your dedicated Expert to discuss options, make changes or ask questions.
4. Reserve & Pay Online
Reserve your vacation package securely via your online account. We only require a 20% deposit to secure your vacation, and our Risk-Free Cancellation Policy provides you with complete peace of mind.
5. Print Your Travel Documents & Go!
Once your vacation has been paid in full, you will be able to print your travel documents directly from your online account. You’re ready to go!
With offices in both Ireland & the U.S., we can offer you unrivaled support while you are in Ireland or Scotland. We truly believe all our clients deserve an extraordinary experience!