Create Your Own Ireland Self Drive Vacation
- Our Custom Tour Prices Vary - We Can Accommodate All Budgets!
Create your own Ireland self-drive vacation based on what you want to see and do in Ireland. You are in control. Our Custom Self-Drive Tours are completely flexible. You decide where to visit in Ireland, how long to spend and what type of accommodation suits you best. Our expert local guides will advise and assist you to create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements.
Prior to taking off, don't forget to read some tips on driving in Ireland!
**Use tabs above to view Itinerary, Prices & How to Book.**
- Completely Flexible – We’ll arrange your self-drive tour based on your chosen dates and flight schedule.
- More Choices – You choose the places you want to visit, type of accommodation and any cultural or other activities. We’ll put it all together in an itinerary that makes sense.
- It’s Your Vacation – The pace of your vacation can be as action-packed or relaxing as you wish
- Within Budget – We’ll create an amazing tour at a cost that suits you, but we’ll never skimp on quality.
- Expert Advice – Our staff know Ireland inside and out. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Peace of Mind – Leave everything to us. We’ll make all your reservations, provide you with a detailed itinerary, and you will have our 7-day support while you are in Ireland.
- Quality Guaranteed – from castles to hotels and bed & breakfasts, we only use accommodations that consistently get great reviews from our thousands of customers.
All we need to create a ‘starting-point’ quote and suggested itinerary is:
- Number of people travelling to Ireland
- Number of nights you would like to spend in Ireland
- Date you would like your tour to start in Ireland (or approximate date)
Other Optional Info (Please include in Comments section of 'Get Quote'):
- Specific Locations – Any towns/areas of Ireland you would like to include on your itinerary?
- Add a Unique Experience? – We offer a wide range of special activities, excursions and experiences all over Ireland. From Medieval Castle Banquets to Horse & Carriage rides, we have suggestions to suit just about everyone!
- Special Requests - We can accommodate any Ireland vacation request – just let us know!
- Lodging Choices – Your vacation quote will be based Bed & Breakfast accommodation unless you indicate otherwise. This means you will initially receive the best possible price. If you would prefer to upgrade your lodging, there are many options to choose from – your lodging choices are explained below.
Lodging Choices Explained:
- B&Bs & Guesthouses – Small, family-run establishments that offer the best value, personal attention and genuine Irish hospitality. Usually located on the outskirts of town centers.
- Hotels from 3 to 5 Star – We only work with the best Irish hotels in any star category. More expensive than B&Bs, but usually conveniently located in the heart of town centers.
- Country Houses & Manors – Period properties with character and old-world charm. Ideal if you are seeking a secluded, scenic location, and don’t care about being walking distance from town.
- Castles: Unique, historical properties, also likely to be in more remote locations. While castles are generally our most expensive lodging option, they are also the most popular. Please note that every castle is completely different – some are very reasonably-priced, while others are quite expensive.
- Vacation Rentals: Staying in a Vacation Rental home for a week is an ideal option for families or groups of 4 to 8. Prices are very reasonable for such groups. Learn more about this Lodging type here
Click GET QUOTE to begin planning your Ireland Vacation!
However, if you provide some additional information, we will send you a Custom Ireland Vacation quote tailored to your exact requirements.
Your Choice!, Ireland
Normally your vacation itinerary would appear here, but since this is a Custom Vacation we cannot create the itinerary without your help!
In place of an itinerary here are some tips and information to help you create your ideal self-drive Ireland vacation.
Let Us Help You Create the Perfect Itinerary?
Perhaps you want to spend time in Dublin, drive the Ring of Kerry and see the Cliffs of Moher, but are unsure how best to include it all on a 7 night itinerary? Not a problem. We will create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements. Simply click on 'Get Started' to the above right & tell us what you want to do. The more info you can provide, the better, but we can get started with the following basics:
Would You Like Us to Suggest an Amazing Itinerary?
Arrival & Departure, Ireland
We will advise which airport you should arrive and depart from depending on your itinerary. No back-tracking or long drives to the airport to make your early morning flight! With our assistance, your tour itinerary will flow in the best and most relaxing way possible.
Our Prices Include All Taxes & Fees and Our Risk Free Cancellation Policy!
Your custom vacation price will vary, depending on your needs.
There are many factors that can affect your final vacation price:
- Number of People Travelling Together - Larger Parties Pay Less Per Person!
- Your Month of Travel - Pricing Varies Significantly from Month to Month
- Weekend Stays - Some City Hotels Charge More at Weekends
- Rental Car Choice - Driving a Stick-Shift will Save you $$$
We take all of the above into account when creating your Custom Quote & Itinerary.
We also run Special Offers on a regular basis, and may be able to apply generous discounts to your tour cost. Please contact us for more information and to receive a custom quote.
“40th Anniversary Trip”
My wife and I spent 16 days traveling all over Scotland. We had an amazing trip! We had read many of Con's blogs and planned many of our activities based on his blog.
Con and his team set up the hotel/B&B stops for us along the way and my wife and I drove the rental car over 1500 miles touring the countryside, castles, distilleries, and sites around Scotland, as we pleased.
Most of the accommodations were very nice, but, like most anywhere you travel in Europe, many of the showers in the bathrooms are more like a phone booth. Very cramped.
Except for being a little warmer than we anticipated, the weather was perfect. Out of 16 days, we had two days of rain.
Driving on the wrong side of the road, from the wrong side of the car, on some of the narrow, single lanes, winding coastal roads, with your wife navigating and yelling at you to slow down, was an adventure all by itself. I wish we had taken a "GoPro" camera to put on the dash to record some of the roads we drove on! Make sure you have an international phone plan or a GPS! Google Maps worked great for us.
As someone else mentioned in their review, the "Spirit of Scotland" dinner show was underwhelming, as was the food, but it was already included in our package. Probably could have spent those 2-3 hours doing something more interesting.
Con was very helpful in helping arrange our trip and gave some very useful tips and insight.
One suggestion I would make to Authentic Vacations for those who are renting a vehicle and driving in Scotland is that they provide some explanation of road signs and some details about highway speed limits. Such as, unless posted differently, the speed limit on Scotland highways is 60 MPH.
AND, in Scotland, the speed limit is in MPH, not Kilometers. Speed cameras are used extensively in Scotland, so mind your speed.
Thanks, Con and Authentic Vacations. We had a wonderful vacation!
We took our first trip to Ireland to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It was such a fun trip. Lonna, our agent, made sure all our arrangements were too good to go before we left. And we had no problems with the rental car or hotels. She made planning the trip less stressful for us since we'd not been there before. We opted for the self-driving authentic castle tour. We saw so many old castles and churches. It was fantastic.
We went to Kylemore Abbey, which is located in a beautiful mountainous setting. Blarney castle's gardens were amazing. Killarney is set near a National Park (named after the town) and the mountains and lakes there are beautiful. Galway was a cute, lively seaside town and Dublin had the hustle and bustle a large city.
A few tips I can offer when planning your trip are: if you're traveling with someone tall (my hubby is tall) make sure you request king-size beds (it seems they are less standard in hotels over there compared to the US). Not all hotels over there have AC so if that is an important must-have for you make sure you tell your agent that.
I loved our trip. I would not hesitate to use Authentic Ireland to plan any future trips. They were great to work with.
This is our second time using Authentic Ireland and they did not disappoint! Lauren has helped me both times with our vacations last year and this year and she did an amazing job both times. This year especially because we made a lot of customizations.
What a fantastic week we had traveling Ireland's northwest and part of Northern Ireland! From the rental car, to the sights to see to the B&B's everything was flawless. The Blackrock B&B in Portrush is a MUST!!!
The entire family took a graduation/anniversary trip to Ireland with Authentic Vacations. It was amazing and was everything we could have asked for. Our agent Heather took great care of us and made changes based on what the girls wanted to do and made sure we were taken care of every step of the way. What a hassle-free vacation. The rooms that were booked were fantastic and very nice, All the attractions we wanted were taken care of and never did we rush with the exception of Dublin. We tried to do way too much in one day. The only negatives of the trip were the flight, we were not sitting together, and the rental vehicle was not what we booked as it was way too small and not in the class that was booked. Overall Authentic Vacations took the stress and worries of our vacation out and let us just enjoy our family time together. Thank you, Heather, and thank you Authentic Vacations you made a lot of memories for us and we will be booking with you again on our next trip.
1. Click on the Green “Get Started” Button to the BottomSubmit your travel dates, number of people and type of transportation. We can adjust the length of our vacation packages to suit your needs.
2. Online Account & Quote CreatedOur experts will create a custom quote & itinerary based on your requirements, and all details are posted to your Authentic Ireland online account (login info will be emailed to you!).
3. Make Changes / Ask QuestionsYour quote will have been created by your own personal Expert, who will be available to you at any stage of planning your vacation & even while you are in Ireland or Scotland. Call or email your dedicated Expert to discuss options, make changes or ask questions.
4. Reserve & Pay Online
Reserve your vacation package securely via your online account. We only require a 20% deposit to secure your vacation, and our Risk-Free Cancellation Policy provides you with complete peace of mind.
5. Print Your Travel Documents & Go!
Once your vacation has been paid in full, you will be able to print your travel documents directly from your online account. You’re ready to go!
At Authentic Vacations, each of our self-drive and chauffeur tours are tailor made to your specific requirements. We work with all budgets and group sizes to deliver a personalized experience that remains true to the authentic brand. When you book with Authentic Vacations, you can always expect a package rich with cultural experiences, secret spots and insider knowledge, unique and boutique accommodations and more.
We have been known to customize some pretty exceptional experiences: from jousting exhibitions to fly fishing to romantic serenades, there is nothing outside of the scope of what we will plan for our clients.
Let us customize the perfect Authentic Vacation for you.
Start by giving us some details related to your travel plans. Don‛t hold anything back. The more we know about your ideal vacation, the better we can deliver an experience that far exceeds your expectationsGET STARTED