Create Your Own Ireland Self Drive Vacation
Price: From - Our Custom Tour Prices Vary - We Can Accommodate All Budgets!
There is something unparalleled about experiencing the freedom of the road in Ireland. It’s spontaneous wonder. Do you see a roadside stand where locals are selling lace or pottery or carved Celtic crosses? You can pull over. Get take-out food at a small pub, and find a picnic spot by ancient castle ruins. Breathe in the fine, Celtic air. It’s different.
Once we saw a happy crowd gathered in a Wicklow park. An Irish band played country music by an ice house built by Vikings in the 13th century. That incongruous afternoon, spent laughing with the locals by a chilly stream, is a treasured memory.
We feel the ideal combination is to have your hotels set up, plug in unique experiences, and then give yourself the time to follow your heart. All of this is the freedom that having a car gives you. Worried about how to rent a car and getting a good deal? Don’t be. We’ll take care of it for you.
Our custom self-drive tours are flexible. You decide the type of experiences you want, how much time you have, what you want to spend, and the sort of lodgings you’d like. Let your imagination run wild! Our expert guides will advise and help you create an itinerary based on what you want. Peace of mind and freedom are an unbeatable combination.
**Use tabs above to view Itinerary, Prices & How to Book.**
The Benefits of a Self-Drive Vacation:
Completely Flexible: We’ll arrange your self-drive tour based on your chosen dates.
More Choices: You pick the places you want to visit, the type of lodgings you want, and add cultural experiences. Tell us what you like to do, what interests you. We’ll tell you what we’ve got up our sleeves. Let’s put together a tour that works for you.
It’s YOUR Vacation: This seems like a silly thing to have to say, but . . . we’re honored to give you the trip of your dreams, not the travels that someone else has dreamed up for you.
Within Your Budget: We’ll stick within your budget, but never skimp on quality.
Expert Advice: Our destination specialists know Ireland inside and out, we love the country, and nothing is too much trouble for our valued clients. That’s you.
Peace of Mind: We take care of everything for you, from the time you book until after you get home. We support you 7 days/week, including during the middle of your trip. Invaluable.
Quality is Guaranteed: From castles, to hotels, to boutique bed & breakfasts, we only use accommodations that get consistently great reviews from our thousands of clients.
HOW TO GET STARTED? All we need to create a starting-point quote and a suggested itinerary is:
- Number of people travelling.
- Number of nights you would like to spend in Ireland.
- Approximate, or specific, date you’d like to begin your travels.
Other Optional Information—Please include this in the comments section of ‘Get Quote.’
Specific Locations: Any towns or areas of Ireland that you’ve just got to see?
Interested in a Unique Experience? We have local guides throughout Ireland with expertise, activities and experiences. Tell us your interests.
Special Requests: We can accommodate any Ireland vacation request – just let us know what you need and want.
Lodging Choices: Your initial vacation quote is based on bed & breakfasts unless you tell us otherwise. If you want to stay in a castle, a spa, or a posh hotel, let us know. We’ll make it happen. We’ve explained lodgings for you, below.
- B & B’s & Guesthouses: Small, family-run establishments that offer the best value, personal attention, and authentic Irish hospitality. Usually located just outside of the town center.
- Hotels, from 3 – 5 stars: We only work with the best, and most unique, Irish hotels in any star category. More expensive than B & B’s, but usually located in the heart of town.
- Country Houses & Manors: Period properties with character and old-world charm. Ideal if you’re seeking a secluded, scenic location, often with gardens, and you don’t care if you’re not within walking distance of town.
- Castles: Extraordinary experiences. These historical properties pamper you. (They’re often in semi-remote locations.) Castles are generally the most expensive lodging choice, and they’re the most popular. Please note that every castle is completely different—some are quite reasonably priced, while others are pretty expensive. Ask us!
- Vacation Rentals: Staying in a vacation rental home for a week, to use as a base, is often ideal for families or groups of four to eight people. Prices are very reasonable for these groups. Learn more about this Lodging type here
Ready to experience Ireland at your own pace, along with the freedom of the road?
Click GET QUOTE to begin planning your Ireland Vacation. You do the dreaming, and we’ll do the details.
Your Choice, Ireland
Normally your vacation itinerary would appear here, but since this is a Custom Vacation we cannot create the itinerary without your help!
In place of an itinerary here are some tips and information to help you create your ideal self-drive Ireland vacation.
Let Us Help You Create the Perfect Itinerary?
Perhaps you want to spend time in Dublin, drive the Ring of Kerry and see the Cliffs of Moher, but are unsure how best to include it all on a 7 night itinerary? Not a problem. We will create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements. Simply click on 'Get Started' to the above right & tell us what you want to do. The more info you can provide, the better, but we can get started with the following basics:
Would You Like Us to Suggest an Amazing Itinerary?
Arrival & Departure, Ireland
We will advise which airport you should arrive and depart from depending on your itinerary. No back-tracking or long drives to the airport to make your early morning flight! With our assistance, your tour itinerary will flow in the best and most relaxing way possible.
Our Prices Include All Taxes & Fees and Our Risk Free Cancellation Policy!
Your custom vacation price will vary, depending on your needs.
There are many factors that can affect your final vacation price:
- Number of People Travelling Together - Larger Parties Pay Less Per Person!
- Your Month of Travel - Pricing Varies Significantly from Month to Month
- Weekend Stays - Some City Hotels Charge More at Weekends
- Rental Car Choice - Driving a Stick-Shift will Save you $$$
We take all of the above into account when creating your Custom Quote & Itinerary.
We also run Special Offers on a regular basis, and may be able to apply generous discounts to your tour cost. Please contact us for more information and to receive a custom quote.
Amazing!! Every single detail was taken care of for us! Heather did a great job! It was so nice to not have to worry about logistics and we could just enjoy Ireland. I would highly recommend if you are renting a car to get an automatic. I drive a standard in the states, but it would have been way to much to think about and would have prevented me from enjoying the county side.
My husband and I went to Ireland for our honeymoon and it was AMAZING! Heather helped us and honestly, we had such a fun time. We didn't do a lot of the mentioned or planned items because we tend to just like to explore places but the set up to be able to do that if we wanted to or not was amazing!
I am a travel agent and I had the opportunity to work with Tim LeGris which was a wonderful experience . The trip was for a 10 day chauffeured trip for an older couple who wanted to see and stay at castles and manors in Ireland. Tim put together the perfect trip. I had lunch with the couple when they returned. They said it was the best trip ever. Tim, thank you for your expertise and the amazing job you did on such a short notice trip to Ireland!
Holiday to Ireland & Scotland
Just wanted to share with all who are interested in booking with Authentic Vacations what a truly wonderful experience we had with our Destination Expert, Michael Erickson... He gave us a wonderful itinerary , with great ideas ,and was quick to email us back when we had questions and last minute revisions ..He was knowledgeable,kind,and made arranging our holiday to Ireland & Scotland a pleasure.. So thank you Michael Erickson & thank you Authentic Vacations.....
Beyond Expectations and Wonderfully Unreal
The phrase "Holy F**k" was used on a regular basis as most of the time we spent there paralyzed us from making more sophisticated phrases. Maggie killed it, everything was sorted all we had to do was show up. There were enough plans to keep us on a nice schedule and enough down time to do our own thing. The trip really didn't sink in until day 5 when a few Guinness in we decided to stop into a small tattoo shop next to the pub in the middle of beautiful Doolin. After a few hours chatting and laughing with our artist we left in the midst of a classic evening storm leaving us with one option, back to the pub! As our tattoos healed we drowned ourselves in more Guinness, an incredible dinner and live traditional music. This was my first go at international travel and it was the best decision I've ever made, can't wait for my next trip.
1. Click on the Green “Get Started” Button to the BottomSubmit your travel dates, number of people and type of transportation. We can adjust the length of our vacation packages to suit your needs.
2. Online Account & Quote CreatedOur experts will create a custom quote & itinerary based on your requirements, and all details are posted to your Authentic Ireland online account (login info will be emailed to you!).
3. Make Changes / Ask QuestionsYour quote will have been created by your own personal Expert, who will be available to you at any stage of planning your vacation & even while you are in Ireland or Scotland. Call or email your dedicated Expert to discuss options, make changes or ask questions.
4. Reserve & Pay Online
Reserve your vacation package securely via your online account. We only require a 20% deposit to secure your vacation, and our Risk-Free Cancellation Policy provides you with complete peace of mind.
5. Print Your Travel Documents & Go!
Once your vacation has been paid in full, you will be able to print your travel documents directly from your online account. You’re ready to go!
At Authentic Vacations, each of our self-drive and chauffeur tours are tailor made to your specific requirements. We work with all budgets and group sizes to deliver a personalized experience that remains true to the authentic brand. When you book with Authentic Vacations, you can always expect a package rich with cultural experiences, secret spots and insider knowledge, unique and boutique accommodations and more.
We have been known to customize some pretty exceptional experiences: from jousting exhibitions to fly fishing to romantic serenades, there is nothing outside of the scope of what we will plan for our clients.
Let us customize the perfect Authentic Vacation for you.
Start by giving us some details related to your travel plans. Don‛t hold anything back. The more we know about your ideal vacation, the better we can deliver an experience that far exceeds your expectationsGET STARTED