Tour Photos & Videos
We had a wonderful, wonderful time. You guys did a splendid job of taking care of reservations and vouchers for us, and it worked like a dream. And speaking of 'dreams,' it was a dream vacation for both my wife and me. Every single venue you chose for us was absolutely first rate. All the arrangements went as smoothly as butter. If we do something like this again, you've earned yourselves a loyal customer. Many thanks to all who've had a hand in arranging this wonderful trip for us!
- George Bormes & Kate Herrick, Monroe CT
I am so glad I found Authentic Ireland. Our stay was made carefree by the knowledgeable help I received from Sarah, Kirsty and Nora. Without their helpful advice and suggestions, I know our trip would not have been as well organized and interesting as it turned out to be.
- Teresa Tucker, Odem TX
Wow!! We had a WONDERFUL time, thanks to you! We even toasted you every evening after a rewarding day! What a beautiful country! You steered us perfectly, from outstanding accommodations to excellent tips & recommendations sending us to some of the finest sites! Having breakfasts included in all of our accommodations were much appreciated and each one was "brilliant"!
- Nancy Robb, Concord MA
We loved Skye and Inverness. Driving through the mountains on Skye was unbelievable! Enjoyed Fort William too. We visited Glasgow and would recommend that area as well. I am back home - but part of my soul is still in Scotland! My second experience with you and I hope to have many more trips with you!
- Myra Eblem, North Carolina
I spoke to several of your staff and ALWAYS came away saying what a pleasant experience it was. However, Aisling was our main planner and she is OUTSTANDING. Aisling made recommendations throughout the planning stages. Her friendly personality came through at all times even when were changing plans and adding on a trip to Scotland. If you are reading this Aisling, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, you made our trip just perfect. Not only would I recommend Authentic Ireland to friends, but I will be insisting on it!
- David Lichtenfeld, Vonore TN
Create the Scotland Vacation of Your Dreams!
Create your own Scotland self-drive vacation based on what you want to see and do in Scotland. You are in control. Our Custom Self-Drive Tours are completely flexible. You decide where to visit in Scotland, how long to spend and what type of accommodation suits you best. Our expert agents know Scotland through personal experience, and will advise and assist you to create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements.
**Use tabs above to view Itinerary, Prices & How to Book.**
- Completely Flexible – We’ll arrange your self-drive tour based on your chosen dates and flight schedule.
- More Choices – You choose the places you want to visit, type of accommodation and any cultural or other activities. We’ll put it all together in an itinerary that makes sense.
- It’s Your Vacation – The pace of your vacation can be as action-packed or relaxing as you wish
- Within Budget – We’ll create an amazing tour at a cost that suits you, but we’ll never skimp on quality.
- Expert Advice – Our staff know Scotland inside and out. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Peace of Mind – Leave everything to us. We’ll make all your reservations, provide you with a detailed itinerary and guidebooks and you will have 24/7 support while you are in Scotland.
- Quality Guaranteed – from Castles to Hotels and Bed & Breakfasts, we only use accommodations that consistently get great reviews from our thousands of customers.
All we need to create a ‘starting-point’ quote and suggested itinerary is:
- Number of people travelling to Scotland
- Number of nights you would like to spend in Scotland
- Date you would like your tour to start in Scotland (or approximate date)
Click GET QUOTE to begin planning your Scotland Vacation!
Other Optional Info (Please include in Comments section of 'Get Started'):
- Specific Locations – Any towns/areas of Scotland you would like to include on your itinerary?
- Add a Unique Experience? – We offer a wide range of special activities, excursions and experiences all over Scotland. From Ghostly Walking Tours of Edinburgh to Scotch Whisky Tasting Experiences, we have suggestions to suit just about everyone!
- Special Requests - We can accommodate any Scotland vacation request – just let us know!
- Lodging Choices – Your vacation quote will be based Bed & Breakfast accommodation unless you indicate otherwise. This means you will initially receive the best possible price. If you would prefer to upgrade your lodging, there are many options to choose from – your lodging choices are explained below.
Lodging Choices Explained:
- B&Bs & Guesthouses – Small, family-run establishments that offer the best value, personal attention and genuine Scottish hospitality. Usually located on the outskirts of town centers.
- Hotels from 3 to 5 Star – We only work with the best Scottish hotels in any star category. More expensive than B&Bs, but usually conveniently located in the heart of town centers.
- Country Houses & Manors – Period properties with character and old-world charm. Ideal if you are seeking a secluded, scenic location, and don’t care about being walking distance from town.
- Castles: Unique, historical properties, also likely to be in more remote locations. While Castles are generally our most expensive lodging option, they are also the most popular. Please note that every Castle is completely different – some are very reasonably-priced, while others are quite expensive.