Create Your Own Scotland Self Drive Vacation
Our Custom Tour Prices Vary - We Can Accommodate All Budgets!
Create your own Scotland self-drive vacation based on what you want to see and do in Scotland. You are in control. Our Custom Self-Drive Tours are completely flexible. You decide where to visit in Scotland, how long to spend and what type of accommodation suits you best. Our expert agents know Scotland through personal experience, and will advise and assist you to create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements.
**Use tabs above to view Itinerary, Prices & How to Book.**
- Completely Flexible – We’ll arrange your self-drive tour based on your chosen dates and flight schedule.
- More Choices – You choose the places you want to visit, type of accommodation and any cultural or other activities. We’ll put it all together in an itinerary that makes sense.
- It’s Your Vacation – The pace of your vacation can be as action-packed or relaxing as you wish
- Within Budget – We’ll create an amazing tour at a cost that suits you, but we’ll never skimp on quality.
- Expert Advice – Our staff know Scotland inside and out. Nothing is too much trouble.
- Peace of Mind – Leave everything to us. We’ll make all your reservations, provide you with a detailed itinerary and guidebooks and you will have 24/7 support while you are in Scotland.
- Quality Guaranteed – from Castles to Hotels and Bed & Breakfasts, we only use accommodations that consistently get great reviews from our thousands of customers.
All we need to create a ‘starting-point’ quote and suggested itinerary is:
- Number of people travelling to Scotland
- Number of nights you would like to spend in Scotland
- Date you would like your tour to start in Scotland (or approximate date)
However, if you provide some additional information, we will send you a Custom Scotland Vacation quote tailored to your exact requirements.
Other Optional Info (Please include in Comments section of 'Get Started'):
- Specific Locations – Any towns/areas of Scotland you would like to include on your itinerary?
- Add a Unique Experience? – We offer a wide range of special activities, excursions and experiences all over Scotland. From Ghostly Walking Tours of Edinburgh to Scotch Whisky Tasting Experiences, we have suggestions to suit just about everyone!
- Special Requests - We can accommodate any Scotland vacation request – just let us know!
- Lodging Choices – Your vacation quote will be based Bed & Breakfast accommodation unless you indicate otherwise. This means you will initially receive the best possible price. If you would prefer to upgrade your lodging, there are many options to choose from – your lodging choices are explained below.
Lodging Choices Explained:
- B&Bs & Guesthouses – Small, family-run establishments that offer the best value, personal attention and genuine Scottish hospitality. Usually located on the outskirts of town centers.
- Hotels from 3 to 5 Star – We only work with the best Scottish hotels in any star category. More expensive than B&Bs, but usually conveniently located in the heart of town centers.
- Country Houses & Manors – Period properties with character and old-world charm. Ideal if you are seeking a secluded, scenic location, and don’t care about being walking distance from town.
- Castles: Unique, historical properties, also likely to be in more remote locations. While Castles are generally our most expensive lodging option, they are also the most popular. Please note that every Castle is completely different – some are very reasonably-priced, while others are quite expensive.
Click GET QUOTE to begin planning your Scotland Vacation!
Your Choice!, Scotland
Normally your vacation itinerary would appear here, but since this is a Custom Vacation we cannot create the itinerary without your help! In place of an itinerary here are some tips and information to help you create your ideal self-drive Scotland vacation.
Let Us Help You Create the Perfect Itinerary?
Perhaps you want to spend time in Edinburgh, drive to the Isle of Skye and see the Loch Ness, but are unsure how best to include it all on a 7 night itinerary? Not a problem. We will create the best possible itinerary based on your requirements. Simply click on 'Get Started' to the above right & tell us what you want to do. The more info you can provide, the better, but we can get started with the following basics:
Would You Like Us to Suggest an Amazing Itinerary?
Arrival & Departure, Scotland
We will advise which airport you should arrive and depart from depending on your itinerary. No back-tracking or long drives to the airport to make your early morning flight! With our assistance, your tour itinerary will flow in the best and most relaxing way poss
Our Prices Include All Taxes & Fees and Our Risk Free Cancellation Policy!
Your custom vacation price will vary, depending on your needs.
There are many factors that can affect your final vacation price:
- Number of People Travelling Together - Larger Parties Pay Less Per Person!
- Your Month of Travel - Pricing Varies Significantly from Month to Month
- Weekend Stays - Some City Hotels Charge More at Weekends
- Rental Car Choice - Driving a Stick-Shift will Save you $$$
We take all of the above into account when creating your Custom Quote & Itinerary.
We also run Special Offers on a regular basis, and may be able to apply generous discounts to your tour cost. Please contact us for more information and to receive a custom quote.
“Last Minute Trip”
I had a last-minute work trip that I added a vacation too. Authentic Vacations were quick and found me exactly what I needed. They worked within my budget and it was seamless when I got to Ireland!
“Summer vacation with wife and 14 yr old daughter”
We had an awesome trip to the wonderful island of Ireland. Everything went smooth for us and our agent Lonna set us up with great accommodations. It seemed each hotel/b&b got better as the trip went along! We went for 8 days with 2 in Dublin, 1 in Kinittey, 2 in Killarney, 1 in Dingle, 1 in Doolin, and 1 in Trim before departing for home. My wife and daughter liked Dingle the best, while I thought Killarney offered the best of all worlds. I will say as an American, driving over there is an adventure. Major roadways are not a problem, but I've been on golf cart paths wider than some of the rural 2-lane roads found in the countryside. The only piece of advice I could offer is that when in Dublin, take the hop-on/off tour bus 1st thing around the entire city. Then get off the bus and explore the parts of the city that seem interesting to you. If you stay at the Ashling Hotel, walk across the bridge in front of the hotel and go around the corner of the train station to your right to get on the convertible bus. Knowing this would have saved us several hours as we wasted half a day trying to figure this out on our own.
This was our second trip with Authentic Ireland and we loved it even more than our first trip. Aran Islands was a great spot. Rugged and beautiful! Our driver for the 3-day portion was great. Very helpful with great ideas. Our stay in Sheen Falls was magical. The cottage and villa were stocked with everything we needed to make a fantastic breakfast!! Also wine and candy 😎 Michelle was so helpful and gave me wonderful advice. She booked our perfect meal at The Lime Tree!! Perfect family vacation!!
“Ireland Trip 2019”
We booked a 10 day stay in Ireland. My boyfriend and I made our first international trip together. We had a great time! I had been to Ireland before, but the itinerary AV made was outstanding. The pace was great for a cross-country road trip and Michael was excellent at listening to our expectations and our wishlist. The Mystical Rose and Mena House were our very favorite B&Bs! Ring of Kerry was spectacular! We never had a bad meal! IT was outstanding to have all the planning stream-lined in one document. We just got back July 1st, and are already talking about Scotland! I had never been to Galway-what an addition to the trip. We saw everything we planned and had enough time to try other experiences. Ireland is getting more touristy by the second, so I would highly recommend planning and booking in advance for as much as possible. There were 2 B&Bs that we were not overwhelmingly enthused by, but they got the job done. We could not have had better weather-only one day of rain! The Blarney Castle was fantastic and driving ourselves was not even that bad. All in all, a great experience!
“40th Anniversary Trip”
My wife and I spent 16 days traveling all over Scotland. We had an amazing trip! We had read many of Con's blogs and planned many of our activities based on his blog.
Con and his team set up the hotel/B&B stops for us along the way and my wife and I drove the rental car over 1500 miles touring the countryside, castles, distilleries, and sites around Scotland, as we pleased.
Most of the accommodations were very nice, but, like most anywhere you travel in Europe, many of the showers in the bathrooms are more like a phone booth. Very cramped.
Except for being a little warmer than we anticipated, the weather was perfect. Out of 16 days, we had two days of rain.
Driving on the wrong side of the road, from the wrong side of the car, on some of the narrow, single lanes, winding coastal roads, with your wife navigating and yelling at you to slow down, was an adventure all by itself. I wish we had taken a "GoPro" camera to put on the dash to record some of the roads we drove on! Make sure you have an international phone plan or a GPS! Google Maps worked great for us.
As someone else mentioned in their review, the "Spirit of Scotland" dinner show was underwhelming, as was the food, but it was already included in our package. Probably could have spent those 2-3 hours doing something more interesting.
Con was very helpful in helping arrange our trip and gave some very useful tips and insight.
One suggestion I would make to Authentic Vacations for those who are renting a vehicle and driving in Scotland is that they provide some explanation of road signs and some details about highway speed limits. Such as, unless posted differently, the speed limit on Scotland highways is 60 MPH.
AND, in Scotland, the speed limit is in MPH, not Kilometers. Speed cameras are used extensively in Scotland, so mind your speed.
Thanks, Con and Authentic Vacations. We had a wonderful vacation!
1. Click on the Green “Get Started” Button to the BottomSubmit your travel dates, number of people and type of transportation. We can adjust the length of our vacation packages to suit your needs.
2. Online Account & Quote CreatedOur experts will create a custom quote & itinerary based on your requirements, and all details are posted to your Authentic Ireland online account (login info will be emailed to you!).
3. Make Changes / Ask QuestionsYour quote will have been created by your own personal Expert, who will be available to you at any stage of planning your vacation & even while you are in Ireland or Scotland. Call or email your dedicated Expert to discuss options, make changes or ask questions.
4. Reserve & Pay Online
Reserve your vacation package securely via your online account. We only require a 20% deposit to secure your vacation, and our Risk-Free Cancellation Policy provides you with complete peace of mind.
5. Print Your Travel Documents & Go!
Once your vacation has been paid in full, you will be able to print your travel documents directly from your online account. You’re ready to go!
At Authentic Vacations, each of our self-drive and chauffeur tours are tailor made to your specific requirements. We work with all budgets and group sizes to deliver a personalized experience that remains true to the authentic brand. When you book with Authentic Vacations, you can always expect a package rich with cultural experiences, secret spots and insider knowledge, unique and boutique accommodations and more.
We have been known to customize some pretty exceptional experiences: from jousting exhibitions to fly fishing to romantic serenades, there is nothing outside of the scope of what we will plan for our clients.
Let us customize the perfect Authentic Vacation for you.
Start by giving us some details related to your travel plans. Don‛t hold anything back. The more we know about your ideal vacation, the better we can deliver an experience that far exceeds your expectationsGET STARTED